BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3

Thread: Messed up my power steering hose

Post Thanks / Like

Messed up my power steering hose

One of my power steering lines got all kinked up when installing today. Is it fixable by cutting off the bent end replacing with an AN-6 fitting? Or do I order a new hose from Factory Five?
    IMG_20240508_161051_482.jpg
    Mk IV, IRS, 302 w/EFI & T5, 15" wheels

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    You could actually just try to un-twist it first.
    www.breezeautomotive.com 2005 FFR Mk3 Roadster, 302/340hp, MassFlo EFI, Breeze Pulleys, T5, Aluminum Flywheel, 3-link rear with Torsen Diff and 3.27:1 gears, Power Steering, Breeze Front Sway Bar, SN-95 Spindles with outboard SAI Mod, Breeze Battery Mount, QA1 Externally Adjustable Shocks, Quick Release Steering Wheel, Vintage Race seats, GM Arctic White, Sky Blue Scoop, Hidden Hinges, Billet Aluminum Side-view Mirrors, 2,183lbs wet. 1967 Mustang Fastback, Dark Moss Green, black interior, '67 14" styled steel wheels, 2000 Explorer 302 w 5.0 Cam, Quickfuel 450 CFM, 289 Hi-Po Dual exhaust, C4, lowering springs w Shelby drop.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mark, unable. The 90 degree part is crushed so no way I could get back to a state where the flow would not be restricted.

Post Thanks / Like
    IMG_3636.jpg

I have these lines, is this what you need ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Your situation sounds very similar to mine. I tried (in vain) to straighten out a kink in my old line, then I tried finding a suitable replacement at half a dozen auto parts stores, then I looked into getting one made. In the end, I got the Breeze kit. At first I had several failures (until I stopped "peeling back" the braided covering, which wasn't part of the instructions anyway).. Once I figured out my mistake...worked like a charm. Well worth the money.

6. Likes Legendary liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bil1024 View Post
    IMG_3636.jpg

I have these lines, is this what you need ?
    Yes. I have a buddy locally who's going to check if he still has one he didn't use. I appreciate the offer. Let me get back to you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Legendary View Post
    Yes. I have a buddy locally who's going to check if he still has one he didn't use. I appreciate the offer. Let me get back to you.
    No problem, let me kmow

Post Thanks / Like
    If there is enough slack in the line you 'might' be abler to cut it and install a standard AN hose end. My concern would that this hose has a crimped on end so the hose itself might be a non-standard diameter which won't match a standard hose end. If you do decide to replace the end, be sure to get the style that will let you rotate the 90deg part in relation to the hose after it is assembled. This will help avoid fitment problems when installing it.
    FFR MkII, 408W, Tremec TKO 500, 2015 IRS, DA QA1s, Forte front bar, APE hardtop.

10. Likes Legendary liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    For another voice in the fray, I ended up ditching the FFR lines and made my own using the Stainless steel braided power steering line and fittings from Pegasus. Worked like a charm and allowed me to custom fit my system (I also included a cooler so I needed to accommodate for that).

https://www.pegasusautoracing.com/pr...p?Product=3260

Not the cheapest option, but allows you to be self-sufficient.

-Brew
    BUILD THREAD: The Brew City Cobra

Current Build: MK4 Complete Kit, Delivered December 2021; First Start November 9, 2022; Go-Cart November 23, 2022; Carbureted 427W, TKX, IRS

12. Likes Legendary liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I ordered a fitting from Summit. Screw on portion was the right size but the hose portion was totally too big. Will.just replace the whole line.