Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3

Thread: Steering Rack Limiters

Post Thanks / Like

Steering Rack Limiters

I want to limit my steering rack travel a little. I've read various posts on using limiters. Some guys have said that they've had issues with using the Factory Ford limiters on the Flaming River racks. Is there another product that can be used?

Thanks,

Glenn

Post Thanks / Like
    For my ‘35 pickup…made my own as I only needed one for the passenger side of the rack. Why just one side is a long story….

I used the grey plastic pipe fittings for larger diameter plastic hose. Can’t recall whether I was for 1-1/4” ID or 1-1/2” ID.

Measured the required length, cut it, and then cut a section out lengthwise so it would just snap over the steering output shaft. Cost me about a dollar and a half and only took a few minutes.

Cheers,
    Pat

3. Likes Tom Veale liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Gen 1 '33 Hot Rod #1104
    347 with Holley Sniper & Hyperspark, TKO600, IRS, 245/40R18 & 315/30R18, DRL, Digital Guard Dog keyless Ignition

Post Thanks / Like
    I used the spacers from Breeze - referenced above - for my rack from Flaming River. Worked fine.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the info. I'm installing front bike fenders and I ran into an issue of the fenders hitting the headlights when the tires were turned too far. Even without the fenders the tires come very close to the headlights. It stands to reason that it depends on what size tires are used on the front. My research revealed a lot of conflicting info on which limiters to use. It seems some builders had issues using the Ford factory limiters. I contacted Flaming River and they were very non-committal about any limiters. They seem to indicate that none were even needed. It looks like several have used the Breeze units with success. I'll do some more measuring to determine what I need.

Thanks again.

Post Thanks / Like
    I raised my headlights because my front 315’s hit them, rather than limit the steering. It has the turning circle of a bus already
    James

FFR33 #997 (Gen1 chassis, Gen2 body), license plate DRIVE IT says it all! build thread
    My build: 350SBC, TKO600, hardtop, no fenders/hood, 32 grill, 3 link, sway bars, 355/30r19
    Previous cars: GTD40, Cobra, tubeframe 55 Chevy, 66 Nova, 56 F100

8. Likes FF33rod, Just 1 More liked this post