BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: New life for sidepipes?

Post Thanks / Like

New life for sidepipes?

So my sidepipes need some help. Been on the road about 14 years but I don't think that the ceramic coating was the best quality. There is surface rust in the crevices where the 4 pipes meet the collector and any packing that the mufflers had is long gone. Years ago some guys would cut the pipes apart and weld in new mufflers. Flowmaster slimline mufflers were popular but apparently they are no longer available. Looking for advice - what are my options? If I can find the right mufflers I would rebuild them. Thanks in advance.

Post Thanks / Like
    Here you go... Know several who have used these and very happy with them. https://www.classicchambered.com/cla...ucts.asp#cobra
    and how to: https://www.classicchambered.com/classic/cobra.asp
    Pricing and order page: https://www.classicchambered.com/store/index.asp
    Last edited by Greg K; 05-13-2024 at 05:54 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I went to a custom exhaust place in north Tampa and the owner showed me some twister mufflers. He order two and TIGed them in place of the FFR muffler. They've worked fine ever since. Also had him weld in vortex cones, and make the tips adjustable so I could turn them down if needed to pass sound requirements. Search for "twister muffler" if you would like to see other choices.
    MkII: 408 Dart block dry sump, 750cfm carb, G-Force T-5, 8.8 rear with 3.55 gears, 3-link, Kirkey seats, black ceramic coated twister mufflers with shields and adjustable turn down tips, passenger roll bar, front and rear roll bars. 2020 GT500 Magnetic metallic, with white and lime green stripes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Greg. Looking into these mufflers - seems like a great option.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rdone585 View Post
    I went to a custom exhaust place in north Tampa and the owner showed me some twister mufflers. He order two and TIGed them in place of the FFR muffler. They've worked fine ever since. Also had him weld in vortex cones, and make the tips adjustable so I could turn them down if needed to pass sound requirements. Search for "twister muffler" if you would like to see other choices.
    The twister mufflers that I found don't have the tapered transition like the FFR mufflers. Not sure how they would work. Do you have any pictures of yours?

Post Thanks / Like
    Here is a picture with shields. I looked for a picture without the shields but no luck. Mine do have a taper on each end for the pipes. At the time they came in two lengths.
    IMG_0567.jpg
    You might look here for an example close to mine - https://www.flopro.com/twister.html.
    Robert
    MkII: 408 Dart block dry sump, 750cfm carb, G-Force T-5, 8.8 rear with 3.55 gears, 3-link, Kirkey seats, black ceramic coated twister mufflers with shields and adjustable turn down tips, passenger roll bar, front and rear roll bars. 2020 GT500 Magnetic metallic, with white and lime green stripes.

7. Likes cwrandolph liked this post