Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  2

Thread: Current wait time for a mk4

Post Thanks / Like

Current wait time for a mk4

How long are folks waiting at the moment for a newly ordered kit?

Post Thanks / Like
    I ordered an MK4 two days ago, Friday the 10th and received an email stating that my kit was scheduled to be built on June 22nd. So about 6 weeks or so.
    Mk 1, with a Blueprint 347, Sniper EFI, 3-Link with VPM Rear Sway Bar, Power Steering with Hydroboost Brakes, Under Car Exhaust, Rear Fender Flares
    (Drove over 46,000 miles then sold in September 2019)
    Ordered a MK4 in May 2024 as a Retirement Project

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Doak View Post
    I ordered an MK4 two days ago, Friday the 10th and received an email stating that my kit was scheduled to be built on June 22nd. So about 6 weeks or so.
    Wow that's fast. What a difference from the Covid shortage days
    MK4 #10008 - Ordered 10/06/20, Delivered 03/03/21, First Start 7/22/21, First Go Kart 7/24/21, Graduated 7/20/22 - Sold 6/6/24
    Build Thread https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...been-delivered

MK4 - Ordered 6/5/24

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzboy54 View Post
    Wow that's fast. What a difference from the Covid shortage days
    Yea, my wait was 10 months, and I heard some people waited over a year.
    Matt
    My build thread here

Post Thanks / Like
    How much time between building it an d shipping it. I'm looking to order in the next two weeks myself.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think only FFR would know for sure
    Mrk III, 331 stroker, Borla stack injection, T5, 3:55 IRS, Power steering and brakes. Kleiner body & paint

Post Thanks / Like
    Right!! It was right about 1 year until I had all of the kit for my Daytona in 21'!

I would bet it's still a month to add to the above to build and ship the kit thought. Even then, 3 months? seems pretty good really.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Oshkosh Rob View Post
    How much time between building it an d shipping it. I'm looking to order in the next two weeks myself.
    If you're picking it up you can do it right away. If you are having it shipped by Stewart as most do it's up to them and will depend on where you are located. They're going to wait until they can fill a truck with cars headed your direction. That can usually be as little a 1 or as much as 4 weeks.

Jeff

9. Thanks David Hodgkins thanked for this post
    Likes Rian_Colorado liked this post
    Webmaster, FFR
    Post Thanks / Like
    Right now, we are booking Mk4 Roadster, '33 Hot Rods, and '35 Hot Rod Truck in about 6-8 weeks from when you place your order. Type 65 Coupe kits are out a bit further at 10-12 weeks out. That is when the kit will be ready for pick-up our shipping.

If you plan to pick-up your kit, we can discuss when you plan on coming by after your kit completion date (when it will be ready for pick-up) when we do your kit review. As Jeff mentioned, Stewart picks up kits based on the delivery routes, and it is usually within 2-3 weeks after your kit completion date.

And just a friendly reminder that our Spring Sale ends on June 1st! Click here for more info.
    Dave Lindsey
    FFR's Mad Dog

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Oshkosh Rob View Post
    I want to say it was about two weeks after my completion date they contacted me about delivery.
    MKIV Roadster - Complete Kit - Delivery 10/12/23
    Build Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nashuanuke View Post
    I want to say it was about two weeks after my completion date they contacted me about delivery.
    From an email from Stewart about shipping my kit: "On average we’ll pick kits up 7-10 days after the completion date but it is not a guarantee. We will handle all the shipping arrangements directly with FFR and contact you roughly a week before the pick up to provide a delivery schedule estimate."
    Mk 1, with a Blueprint 347, Sniper EFI, 3-Link with VPM Rear Sway Bar, Power Steering with Hydroboost Brakes, Under Car Exhaust, Rear Fender Flares
    (Drove over 46,000 miles then sold in September 2019)
    Ordered a MK4 in May 2024 as a Retirement Project

Post Thanks / Like
    I ordered my MK4 on Jan 15. It was shipped on Feb 21, arrived Mar 1. The only thing back ordered was the Twin Chrome Roll Bars. ( which are still on back order)

Post Thanks / Like
    I ordered mine the middle of January 2024, and Stewart Transport delivered it on March 19th, 2024. Only thing back ordered and shipped separately were the wheels.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just got mine delivered last week. It took about 6 weeks between ordering and completion date from FFR and another week to get it from Stewart Transport. The engine is probably what's going to take the longest to get. Most places backed up many months. I'm getting mine from Mike Forte, he was about two months out vs 6 for some other places. I actually still haven't received it but got word last week that it's about ready to ship.

Post Thanks / Like
    I placed my order today and completion date is 7/13. I need to get busy getting everything ready for delivery!

Post Thanks / Like
    It appears the wait is pretty much over. I ordered mine in late May of 2020 and it was eight weeks almost to the day to pick it up. The back ordered parts were another issue all together. Some things as much as five months before I finally got them, and it only got worse from there. I watched the lead times go on and on until it was almost a year for some customers. I can only imagine the strain on Dave Smith trying to keep his company going during that time with the supply chain shortages, (and not really knowing when parts and material shipments would be coming as well as crazy rising cost of those parts), customers complaining with threats of canceling orders, and trying to keep his labor force intact. All of the car kits he produces are just toys for us which none of us need to survive. In the end he seems to have done a great job of keeping it together and it looks like clear sailing for a while until they outlaw the combustion engine........
    FFR 9883 MKIV ,427 Windsor engine
    TKX 5 speed, Three Link 3.55 gears
    Power Steering, Leather Seats
    18" Wheels and Tires, Drop Trunk
    Fun Package

18. Likes Nigel Allen liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    HEY! HERMANO! We got the same build Date and the same order date.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mine: Ordered 2/14. Build completed 3/30. Delivered by Stewart Transportation 4/6.