Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Upper axle bushing on three link installation

Post Thanks / Like

Upper axle bushing on three link installation

I have ordered my kit, but will not receive it until mid summer. I’m planning to use a rear end out of a 2014 Mustang GT and I have a question about the upper bushing on the rear end. Page 69 of the manual demonstrates installation of the upper control arm to the axle. In the picture, I believe that it shows a Moser installation. I’m curious if the bushing shown in the picture is provided as part of the kit. I’m assuming that if I’m using a Mustang donor, I will provide the stock bushing. Is this correct?

Thanks in advance for any guidance you can provide.

Post Thanks / Like
    Not sure what you are referring to as the upper bushing. The three link comes with what is commonly referred to as a banana bracket that clamps to the axle tube just to the passenger side of the differential. A control arm then goes between the bracket and the chassis. The control arm has spherical ends that are screwed into the arm with opposite threads so you can turn the shaft to adjust the length to set the pinion angle.

The three link also has a panhard bar that attaches to the axle below the coil over on the passenger side and the frame on the driver side to keep the axle centered

Post Thanks / Like
    Apologies, I posted to the Hot Rod forum and I meant to post to the Hot Rod Truck forum. I was referring to the newer 2005-2014 Mustang donor rear end with a single upper control arm. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Post Thanks / Like
    The three link in the 35 truck is the same as the three link in the 33 Hot Rod.

Post Thanks / Like
    When I built my ‘35 truck used a diff salvaged from a 2005 Mustang. The original bushing for the 3rd link (upper) was rotten and replaced it with a stock one.

So you are correct Punuffney, you supply the bushing as originally used by Ford.
    Once again with an 88 mm Turbo, Big Block Chevy powered, ‘35 Hot Rod Pickup

Post Thanks / Like
    Many thanks, Pat.