Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: New Power Steering Controller...

Post Thanks / Like

New Power Steering Controller...

Well, I wanted to update you guys on one of the projects that I am working on for www.myraceshop.com.

A couple of you have inquired about a more refined system for the actively managed power steering. I am happy to say that the prototypes are done, and the first production controllers are now finished!

These are a bit more money as they have been developed into what I believe to be a "plug and play" type of product, as opposed to a semi-DIY product.

I have redesigned the board layout, put the boards into a custom made o-ring sealed box, color coded the wiring, and included new instructions. It's rubber isolated for shock protection, and the connector is mil-spec and water tight.

The price for these is $218.

I will have better pictures and a way to purchase on the website shortly, like hopefully early next week, but I thought I would just post this as I know there are more than a few people waiting for these, so here's a couple preliminary pictures, and I am sending the first five units out ASAP for those that have already paid.

Thanks everyone, and just so you know, as this product was developed primarily for the GTM by users of this forum, www.myraceshop.com will continue to also sell the boards only at the regular price.

Thanks All,

Crash
    Attached Images Attached Images
    www.myraceshop.com

GTM solution kits
    Corvette and Race parts

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Wow. You've turned it into a really finished looking product.

That's a huge jump in the price. Did you make any functional improvements with the physical ones?
    Last edited by VD2021; 04-05-2012 at 05:41 PM.
    R/s
    Vidal
    CURRENT STATUS: Interior Rework and Bodywork.
    GenII GTM #331. Delivered (23/9/10)
    BUILD LOG AND WEBSITE:
    http://gtmbuild.weebly.com/ .

Post Thanks / Like
    Well worth the $218 for a more finished product. Hell, I may remove mine and replace it with this.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by VD2021 View Post
    Wow. You've turned it into a really finished looking product.

That's a huge jump in the price. Did you make any functional improvements with the physical ones?
    Yes, this setup has gone through two evolutions in board layout as well. The wiring harness is also setup for the variable rheostat function so all that is needed is the switch to be added to the harnes to use this function. I am working on completing the "dyno" for these systems, and although I have only tested the circuit boards to Ian's specifications since they still include his original programming, I will soon be testing EVERY unit that leaves to make sure it actually controls everything properly. I will also use the dyno to develop a new program that will allow, what I believe to be, a more usable rheostat program. This will take a little time, but the good news is that it SHOULD be just a reflash when it is completed so I can just reflash people's units. Time and development will tell on that one, but the boards are definitely a bit different on these later versions, and the boxes alone, custom made for this product, cost way more than anyone would probably expect. It was a lot more than I was hoping for as far as finished price, but to put it into perspective, you can still build this system for less than $1,000 if you shop around and get good deals on the other parts, so it is very much competitive with the "other" all electric systems that are out there...and this one fits the GTM application better IMHO.
    www.myraceshop.com

GTM solution kits
    Corvette and Race parts

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fact5racer View Post
    Well worth the $218 for a more finished product. Hell, I may remove mine and replace it with this.
    I actually will do an exchange for your older board for $180.

Just send me your old board and include a note saying you would like to exchange for the new product. I will send you a request for funds, and once paid, will send you the new controller.
    www.myraceshop.com

GTM solution kits
    Corvette and Race parts

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by crash View Post
    Yes, this setup has gone through two evolutions in board layout as well. The wiring harness is also setup for the variable rheostat function so all that is needed is the switch to be added to the harnes to use this function. I am working on completing the "dyno" for these systems, and although I have only tested the circuit boards to Ian's specifications since they still include his original programming, I will soon be testing EVERY unit that leaves to make sure it actually controls everything properly. I will also use the dyno to develop a new program that will allow, what I believe to be, a more usable rheostat program. This will take a little time, but the good news is that it SHOULD be just a reflash when it is completed so I can just reflash people's units. Time and development will tell on that one, but the boards are definitely a bit different on these later versions, and the boxes alone, custom made for this product, cost way more than anyone would probably expect. It was a lot more than I was hoping for as far as finished price, but to put it into perspective, you can still build this system for less than $1,000 if you shop around and get good deals on the other parts, so it is very much competitive with the "other" all electric systems that are out there...and this one fits the GTM application better IMHO.
    Outstanding!
    R/s
    Vidal
    CURRENT STATUS: Interior Rework and Bodywork.
    GenII GTM #331. Delivered (23/9/10)
    BUILD LOG AND WEBSITE:
    http://gtmbuild.weebly.com/ .