Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Coupe Demensions

Post Thanks / Like

Coupe Demensions

Hey everyone,

I need some assistance. I'm building a new garage and I was hoping someone could give me some exterior dimensions of a coupe. I just want to make sure that my layout is correct and my wash area gives me plenty of room to work. Thanks a million.

Danny C

Post Thanks / Like
    Check out their online brochure. Dimensions are on page 16. You can request a printed copy, too.

http://www.factoryfive.com/kits/type...rochure-online

The brochure is at the bottom of the page after it loads.
    Coupe #497 delivered 7/29/10. Engine in on 10/1/10. Pushcart on 10/4/10. First start on 12/01/10. First go-cart on 12/31/10. Finished and on the road as of February 2012.
    Coupe Body Buck Plans - My Spray Booth - Painting Lessons Learned
    Build site: www.bamacoupe.blogspot.com
    Lots of build photos and some observations: http://www.flickr.com/photos/53614858@N05/

Post Thanks / Like
    Great ! Thanks so much DARKPT.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh, and leave a little extra room for the doors to swing all the way open. It's not like an SUV where you can open the door a crack and slip in.

Dan
    Coupe #497 delivered 7/29/10. Engine in on 10/1/10. Pushcart on 10/4/10. First start on 12/01/10. First go-cart on 12/31/10. Finished and on the road as of February 2012.
    Lots of build photos and some observations: http://www.flickr.com/photos/53614858@N05/

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok cool, all ideas are welcome. This will be my first FFR build so I do appreciate the intel. I have a large barn I've used in the past for other projects but it's about 600 feet from my home. My wife and I just had a little man come into our lives so I really want to be closer to the house when I work on the car. I also want to keep the budget tight on the garage so I can dump more money into the vehicle. How long would you say the doors are?

Danny

Ps: great name Dan! I like it...

Post Thanks / Like
    Hehe, it's better than that. I am also Dan C, and my sister still calls me Danny.

Congrats on the arrival of the little guy!

The doors are 38" long and stick out about 32" when fully open.

We were also first-time builders when we started the Coupe in July of 2010. We finished it (including paint and body work) in late February of this year. Did the whole thing in a 2-car garage, about 18'x18'. There are plenty of pics on my build blog in my signature if you want to see how we managed that.

Sounds like the barn will be a perfect place to stash the body, windshield and hatch, and a bunch of the boxes until you need them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Dan,

Thanks for the congrats...

Ok cool thanks for the dimensions on the doors. I had planned to build a garage with the dimensions of 18x26 so I think I am safe. You are correct the barn will come in handy. I also will have a garage header height of 12 feet so I will be going up with storage as well. I took a brief look at the blog and I will be mouse-in through it later tonight. So far the blog is a wow from me. Great work.

Yep the Dan clan is pretty cool, my little man is a Dan C, so is dad and grandpa...
    Tanks for your time Dan I am great-full.

Danny