Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Squeaky Clutch pedal/cable

Post Thanks / Like

Squeaky Clutch pedal/cable

I have to imagine I'm not the only one with this since this cable setup is similar on all kits. I fought this one for a while trying to lube the cable with graphite, shooting the quadrant with W40, trying to locate this awful noise. I was like a creaky door noise that would go from the pedal all the way up my spine to my noodle and drive me crazy. Turns out it was the plastic sleeve that butts up against the adjuster barrel. I don't have the rubber spacer that some have and from what I've heard you're not supposed to use it if you've got the firewall adjuster anyway. So, I noticed some play between these two and basically just cut out some inner tube and made my own washer and now it's gone.

This pic shows the rubber spacer that is supposed to be removed but if you don't put another buffer in there, that plastic will rub on that aluminum and creak. Hope that helps a few folks out there!

Attached Images Attached Images

Tech Support Manager, FFR Tony Zullo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Clutch quadrant

Hi erick tony z got some news about the clutch we have made a clutch quadrant piece to remove the bolt with the spacer,so it will come with a piece of aluminum to give less stress..thanks
    tony@ffr
    email [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like
    I'll be your beta baby. Just send it over.

e

Post Thanks / Like
    Folks new, updated quadrants are going out in the mail this week.. Hopefully this will help with the creaking and provide a more stable lever system without torquing the pedal from one side.

e

Post Thanks / Like
    Please post a picture of it when you can. Thanks