BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: What's the killer setup for switches (turn, lights, hazard)

Post Thanks / Like

What's the killer setup for switches (turn, lights, hazard)

I've got the Mustang donor switches in my Mark I for turn signals, lights, hazards, and thinking of upgrading now that better options have been invented since 1999 when the car was built.

(I might even replace the entire dash as I have a blank)

What are the current hot setups? Which ones are more vintage-correct?

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Russ's turn signal is probably the most popular although North Racecars is more original looking and can be flipped to be on the right side of the steering wheel like the originals. I purchased Lucas toggle switches from Finish line for my fan override switch and wipers and you could probably do the same with the hazard switch and maybe a momentary for the horn to keep it symmetrical if you use the competition layout. I am running a floor mounted dimmer switch for the high beams. I picked up a 66 Mustang ignition switch and headlight switch for a slightly more period correct look. It seems the start buttons were popular for a bit and now they seem to be getting less popular. Good Luck with it and keep us posted.

Mike

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Foot dimmer, fully functional headlight switch for pull on, turn to dim and interior lights, etc. I got a bunch of the stuff at del city. Start button is $3 from parts express. I also used Mike Everson's under dash panel and have about 10 switches under there for different things.

If you want to get creative with your dash, ping astglenn, he can cut you whatever you want.
    KD - Formerly beartoothweb
    FFR#6407
    Home 4/18/09 - Roller 12/7/09 - First Start 1/23/11 - First Official Go Kart - 4/10/11
    Build Site
    What I do to pay for it all - Web Design, Graphics, and Programming

Post Thanks / Like
    I like the looks of North Racecars turn signal. Theres someone who also used a turn signal from a Ford Tarus and mounted it to the dash, next to the steering wheel

Senior Member riptide motorsport's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Whatever route you take use a self cancelling signal, you will forget to turn off a manual one, then people will pull out in front of you when you forget to turn it off....HTH Steven
    FFR Daytona Type 65 Coupe
    67 427 Cobra
    57' Belair
    72 Pinto Wagon ,306" 1/4 miler
    34 5 window coupe Ford
    2003 Mustang GT
    99' ZX9
    85 Goldwing

All toys still in the Scuderia!

Every Saint has a past..................every sinner a future

Don't take yourself so seriously........no one else does.

You never see a motorcycle parked outside a Psychiatrists office.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LuckyWinner View Post
    I like the looks of North Racecars turn signal. Theres someone who also used a turn signal from a Ford Tarus and mounted it to the dash, next to the steering wheel
    I use the North unit. I love it. I put the horn on the pull function of the switch stalk.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm kinda partial to my set up,
    Switch to far left is directional (momentary switch controled by ISIS) self cancel. followed by Headlight (High, low), Horn, hazard
    DSC00327.jpg
    CLASS OF 2009 # 79 FFR MK 3.1, # 6898, Complete kit arrived 02/07/09, roller 03/30/09, first start 07/14/09, Registered 10/14/09, PPG Orange Glow over Sterling silver,427W Kieth Kraft (561hp)

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary… that's what gets you." -Jeremy Clarkson

http://s995.photobucket.com/albums/af80/rscocca/

8. Thanks Aircontroller thanked for this post
    Likes Aircontroller liked this post