Post Thanks / Like

Infineon(Sears Point) PDG GTM Video

www.myraceshop.com

GTM solution kits
    Corvette and Race parts

Post Thanks / Like
    Great video, thanks for posting.

Post Thanks / Like
    What I love about these videos is just checking out the lines you take. It looks like you drive this car the same way I would race bike; you run it in deep, flick it, and get on the gas real fast at the apex.

It's really obvious that a lot of the other guys are amateurs because they don't actually drive like this. It's a pain in the butt when they get your way, but at least you can feel good that you know more than they do about a racing line.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using AutoGuide.Com Free App

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    What I like is how much they stayed out of trouble. It looked like on every corner they had greater speed on the exit and could have pushed to get past, but they always eased off and stayed out of trouble.

That Miata was definitely the widest Miata I've ever seen.

Martin
    Previous forum name was "Fezzek"

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Taz Rules View Post
    What I love about these videos is just checking out the lines you take. It looks like you drive this car the same way I would race bike; you run it in deep, flick it, and get on the gas real fast at the apex.

It's really obvious that a lot of the other guys are amateurs because they don't actually drive like this. It's a pain in the butt when they get your way, but at least you can feel good that you know more than they do about a racing line.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using AutoGuide.Com Free App
    There really are different ways to drive different cars. While some are not doing things exactly right, many of the lower horsepower cars will teach us a thing or two. It is very different driving a high HP car as opposed to a low HP car. High HP we concentrate on lengthening straight aways. That means going in deep, rotating, and getting on the gas early. With a low HP car it is all about momentum, so those cars are driven through the corners quite a bit differently, as you can see in the video. Previous to this weekend in the video, I have had TONS of hours at Infineon in a 90 HP spec racer, but ZERO time with the GTM, so it was a bit of a learning curve. Fortunately I knew where the track went and didn't have to figure that out as well. I will note that the video is of Steve Zadig in saturday's race. Unfortunately no video of me on Sunday. It just got too busy to get the cameras on the car. Steve was just about a half second a lap faster than me though, so I believe we drive much the same, although our gearing isn't right for Infineon and while Steve would upshift for a split second or two at the end of the straights, I would just lift. As long as we were getting the job done, both ways seemed to work.

The PDG GTM had another race weekend this weekend(3/16/13) with Steve Zadig driving at Infineon and it is quite a story. Not what we all wanted to happen, as there was an incident that took the car all the way to the back of a 50+ car field very early on, but Steve fought back really well. Story and video will be done soon.
    www.myraceshop.com

GTM solution kits
    Corvette and Race parts

Post Thanks / Like
    nice video. thanks for sharing. Makes me feel like I'm there watching the race! What's next? Steve is a very good driver! I've seen him drive his Norma a lot. In his younger days, he was telling me that Roger Penske was very serious about signing him to his road race team as a driver in the late 80's, but he had just lost his job and had a young family to support, so he let it slip away.