Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Dash Vents

Post Thanks / Like

Dash Vents

Help needed installing the dash vents. The dash vents that came with my Gen II kit do not fit the openings in the dash. It looks like the holes need to be about 3/8" larger. Is it normal that I have to enlarge all the vent openings or do I need other vents. The vents I have are part# MR791367. Also, how do you connect the hose to the vent? I have looked through all my remaining parts and cannot find an adapter to connect the hose to the vent.

Post Thanks / Like
    I had to rework all my vent holes in the dish for them to fit

Post Thanks / Like
    Just like Joe, I had to enlarge the holes quite a bit. The hoses will fit but are "very" tight. I installed all of the hoses on the vents before installing the dash. Then after installing the dash, installed the vents from the rear. I don't think you can put the hoses on with the vent in the dash. Just my 2bits worth. I put wire ties on the vent hoses after putting the hoses on, but I don't think they would ever come off by themselves!!!!!
    Don

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the info... I'll work on enlarging the openings today. Just got the new dash the other day, the original was delaminating. Can't believe the supplier for the dash can't get the material to stick or even cut the correct size vent openings.
    Thanks, Joe and db65.

Quote Originally Posted by dm65 View Post
    Just like Joe, I had to enlarge the holes quite a bit. The hoses will fit but are "very" tight. I installed all of the hoses on the vents before installing the dash. Then after installing the dash, installed the vents from the rear. I don't think you can put the hoses on with the vent in the dash. Just my 2bits worth. I put wire ties on the vent hoses after putting the hoses on, but I don't think they would ever come off by themselves!!!!!
    Don