Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Chassis Dyno - Risk/rewards

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Post Thanks / Like
    What is your goal? Do you just want to see how much power you're making? Or do you want get the tune dialed in better?

If it's to get the tune dialed in better, I think it's probably worth it. You might be surprised at how much better and efficiently the car will run.

If it's just to see, It's probably not worth the effort. But that's just my opinion, I could be wrong.
    .boB "Iron Man"
    NASA Rocky Mountain, TTU #42, HPDE Instructor
    BDR 1642: Coyote, 6 Speed Auto, Edelbrock Supercharger
    Member: www.MileHiCobraClub.com
    www.RacingTheExocet.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Cowan View Post
    What is your goal? Do you just want to see how much power you're making? Or do you want get the tune dialed in better?

If it's to get the tune dialed in better, I think it's probably worth it. You might be surprised at how much better and efficiently the car will run.

If it's just to see, It's probably not worth the effort. But that's just my opinion, I could be wrong.

Bob's reply reminded me why I dyno'ed my car at the Ford Nationals in the first place. I simply wanted to hear it run up the RPM scale under load. I track the car whenever possible and friends have told me that it sounds good at high RPM and I wanted to appreciate that sound without the helmet and wind noise. Some might say it was a waste of $80 bucks, but it was a bucket list item for me and now I can listen to it whenever I need a little music (almost every day).
    Mark IV -- 04 Mach1 Donor -- 4.6 DOHC -- TKO 600 -- 3:55 Gears -- 3 Link - Hydroboost PS & PB -- 13" PBR's Front & 11.65's Rear -- Cuesta Wiring -- Thompson Signals -- FFR Radiator, heater, wipers, and catalytic converters -- Metco DS safety loop -- Forte 7/8" front bar -- VPM 3/4" rear bar -- Champ road race pan -- Corbeau A4 Seats -- Nitto NT-05's on 17 x 9's.