Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  15

Thread: Lucky's 33 Hot Rod build #524

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Tom;
    question: when you lived in Quakertown, Pa. did you happen to know John Trumbauer? His family owns the Trumbauers Lawn & Garden supply & also the Victory dealership.

Nevin

PLATNUM Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by H R Lucky View Post
    Thanks Tom;
    question: when you lived in Quakertown, Pa. did you happen to know John Trumbauer? His family owns the Trumbauers Lawn & Garden supply & also the Victory dealership.

Nevin
    I think I went to school with some of his kinfolk.

Your car is going to be awesome. Keep up the good work. Enjoy that venison, good eating.

Post Thanks / Like

Build thread update

At my last post is basically how she sits today, I did get a different wiring harness from Art Cuesta at Wire Diet because the Ron Francis harness has only 10 circuits and I need more like 18 or 20 circuits depending on the number of accessories I add. So the next action will be to remove the engine/transmission, get the firewall powder coated, then reinstall the engine/transmission with the FRPP controls pack and start installing the wiring harness.

Merry Christmas everyone,
    Nevin
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

Build Update

After reading a lot of threads about how the suspension is super stiff and a lot of guys are going with QA1's, etc. I can't quite justify the cost of the QA1's so I'm going a different route, I picked up this tip from the Roadster forum; I purchased a pair of QA1 250 lb. springs from Breeze Automotive, I put the 250's on the rear of the HotRod, then moved the FFR 350 lb springs from the rear to replace the stock 500 lb springs on the front. A couple of guys on the Roadster forum have done this and say it is a good poor mans way to soften up the ride. I noticed that the rear shock body was rubbing on part of the rear end housing close to the LCA mount point so I used the 2 lb. reforming hammer to fix that problem.
    I also adjusted the shocks to the softest of the 4 rebound settings.
    pictures attached:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by H R Lucky; 01-11-2014 at 08:38 PM.
    Nevin, AKA H. R. Lucky
    33 Hot Rod sn 524 build started 3/18/2013, First Start-5/09/2015, Go Cart-6/01/2015
    5.0 Coyote engine, 9in. Ford rear, 4 Link, Wilwood 12in. front brakes
    AC, power steering, FFR 17/18in. Hot Rod wheels

5. Likes wrp liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Nevin, Im build# 523 Sounds like a great option on the springs I've also been concerned about ride quality even considered air bags but that would blow the budget , im sure you will be go carting before me at the rate I'm going, hope it works out for you. Please keep us posted.