Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Attention R owners - rear wing mounting, what was your solution?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mechie3 View Post
    I think the S is a little better supported because they've built more of them, shipped more of them, and it's more about performance and looks. A rough looking R can use the excuse "it's just a racecar".
    Short memory? Remember how we felt last August, only 3 customer cars were before our builds... The "R" guys are just running into the same types of issues that we did...

the LCA issue, manual still has the wrong photos
    the radiator too low, manual still has no ID or fix (are the new frames fixed?)
    Brake lines, missing bolts, steering rack brackets, rack length
    etc...
    Last edited by RM1SepEx; 01-05-2014 at 10:14 AM.
    Dan

818S #17 Picked up 8/1/13 First start 11/1/13 Go Kart 3/28/14

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't want to piss off FFR but I do want to help others. Would anyone be interested in a page by page manual supplement of the issues that I found while building the R? I've been taking notes as I go along and I KNOW they would be useful.
    Owner/builder - AEM Intakes 818R #85

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SixStar View Post
    Would anyone be interested in a page by page manual supplement of the issues that I found while building the R? I've been taking notes as I go along and I KNOW they would be useful.
    Yes please.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RM1SepEx View Post
    Short memory? Remember how we felt last August, only 3 customer cars were before our builds... The "R" guys are just running into the same types of issues that we did...
    I should say, better community support since there's much more trial and error complete.

I don't want to piss off FFR but I do want to help others. Would anyone be interested in a page by page manual supplement of the issues that I found while building the R? I've been taking notes as I go along and I KNOW they would be useful.
    You should. A lot of us S buliders documented either in our threads or otherwise fixes required. Makes it easier for the next guy.
    Zero Decibel Motorsports
    Check out my new website!
    www.zerodecibelmotorsports.com
    www.facebook.com/zero.decibel.motorsports

Post Thanks / Like
    Isn't this what the build Wiki's are for? I may be wrong , but that's what I thought they were for.