Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: BillJr212 - WRX 818-S build thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hmmm - maybe this is why the engine won't hold idle. Will report back once I've changed out all 4 (pulled the 1 spark plug in the 5 minutes I had available before work this morning).

I'm also trying to track down a used V2 Cobb AccessPort so I can revert back to a stock or Stage 1 map. The donor car had Cobb stickers all over it. I assume he had a stage 2 map on, but can't be sure.

spark plug.jpg

I also thought I would share my solution to the Alternator pulley. It's not pretty, but it's just a turnbuckle from menards with the appropriate spacers to get lined up (fairly) close to the same plane. The belt is 28.5" long from Autozone.

alternator.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by billjr212 View Post
    Hmmm - maybe this is why the engine won't hold idle. Will report back once I've changed out all 4 (pulled the 1 spark plug in the 5 minutes I had available before work this morning).

I'm also trying to track down a used V2 Cobb AccessPort so I can revert back to a stock or Stage 1 map. The donor car had Cobb stickers all over it. I assume he had a stage 2 map on, but can't be sure.

spark plug.jpg

I also thought I would share my solution to the Alternator pulley. It's not pretty, but it's just a turnbuckle from menards with the appropriate spacers to get lined up (fairly) close to the same plane. The belt is 28.5" long from Autozone.

alternator.jpg
    Only use NGK's and make sure there gapped right with a feeler gauge.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by billjr212 View Post

alternator.jpg
    I did this exact same thing to another car years ago.. Unfortunately it WILL fail. The aluminum is not strong enough to take the stress. Excellent idea though. With a different, stronger turnbuckle it will work nicely.