Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Brando's Newbie 818R Build Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by iWire View Post
    Hey guys, figured I would post here directly. Brandon's was the prototype so it's not perfect and a has couple design issues (aesthetics not to my liking) that will be sorted out with the next one. What he paid reflects that. The harness is going to be around $2,200 with parts and labor on a custom R harness built to your specs with the goal being that it's entirely plug and play.

The exposed loom you guys see in the front and the back hasn't been wrapped up yet so avert your eyes when it comes to the wiring in those pics.

After I finish up Anthony's so I have better pictures of the final product and will post up a vendor thread with more details.
    It is cool that someone is building harnesses, but 2,200 on a ten thousand dollar kit is going to be high for most. I understand what it takes and the labor and material involved, just saying it's going to be a big investment.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by metalmaker12 View Post
    It is cool that someone is building harnesses, but 2,200 on a ten thousand dollar kit is going to be high for most. I understand what it takes and the labor and material involved, just saying it's going to be a big investment.
    Given that the real cost is between 15 and 20k when complete, 10% is a reasonable amount to spend, also when I'm spending $3-400 on a race weekend I can't afford to have an electrical issue as I went through this with my challenge car and then got someone who knew how to build a proper harness.
    Tony Nadalin
    2018 SOVREN Big Bore Champion
    2015 SCCA Oregon Region VP3 Champion
    2012 ICSCC ITE Class Champion
    FFR MkII Challenge Car, Spec Racer, Street Legal, SCCA, ICSCC and NASA Racing
    818R Build in progress