Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Work Shop Couch

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    nicely done. I was one of the guys that built on a wood frame. I used to have 2, but when I moved I ended up with a smaller garage and one was disassembled and sent to the attic for storage. I put the wood under the bottom cushion on hinges and use the space underneath for storage. In my newly crowded garage, I also put mine on wheels, so I can push it off to the corner when I'm not using it. I'll have to snap an updated photo and pop it on here for reference.

By the way, I built my seats pre-818. I'm a Subaru guy and I just liked the way those seats look, so I bought 2 2002 WRX rear seats off nasioc. I ended up selling my 2004 rear seat during donor disassembly. It was one of the first things to go. Just have to be realistic about the price because there are a lot of them available.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by billjr212 View Post
    nicely done. I was one of the guys that built on a wood frame. I used to have 2, but when I moved I ended up with a smaller garage and one was disassembled and sent to the attic for storage. I put the wood under the bottom cushion on hinges and use the space underneath for storage. In my newly crowded garage, I also put mine on wheels, so I can push it off to the corner when I'm not using it. I'll have to snap an updated photo and pop it on here for reference.

By the way, I built my seats pre-818. I'm a Subaru guy and I just liked the way those seats look, so I bought 2 2002 WRX rear seats off nasioc. I ended up selling my 2004 rear seat during donor disassembly. It was one of the first things to go. Just have to be realistic about the price because there are a lot of them available.
    Me to. I have a 2005 Legacy GT that I had since 2006. Love that car. Hopefully I can keep it for another 8 years. Almost zero problems.