Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  3

Thread: "The Black Mamba" build

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    East Coast Speed Machines Erik W. Treves's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Now that I have 5 minutes and have had a good night sleep, I figured I would debrief the trip to "house of power"...

So kinda of a whirl wind trip..Hit the road Sunday afternoon and back to the house monday night...

Once again..thanks to Wayne Presley! I have to say, I followed his recommendations to a tee and did not deviate...this paid off huge when it came down to the mustard.

The car fires right up and has excellent idle characteristics. Responds excellent to throttle and sounds awesome. I spend a lot of time sync'ing the carbs and Wayne gave it the thumbs up when he rechecked it. The Mallory dissy worked perfect right out of the box as did the crane ignition.

The car has a VERY broad power band from 2000-5000. The carbs did come setup rich. We did not have the jets to get the AFR down to where we needed, but made a change anyway to see how the car would react. It reacted in a very predictable manner, which was really neat to see, since I am fuel injection guy...too easy...more work than pushing a few buttons, but still easy... I had Wayne order me up some smaller jets and will make the change...my guess is that I will pickup a little up top.. The cam is just the limiting factor I believe at this point. No big deal since most of my driving is in the 2000-5000 range.

Body is at paint...so this weekend I will finsih up installing the interior and getting everything finished.

I was able to get 4* caster and 1* camber out of the Hotrod spindles with pin drives...but that's it! I will probably leave it like this...might make a slight adjustment..but looks good.

anyway...I will add more as i think about it....

once again!!!!

THANKS WAYNE!!!!!!!!
    FFR 1879, Blown DSS 306,REDLINE management, VeryCoolParts Tuned 460RWHP

FFR 818S, The Flash, Chassis #5, 2.0L, LSD, Electromotive TEC-S, VCP Tuned, 278RWHP 265 RWTQ

FFR 6651, Green Lantern, 408W Crate, Hellion 66mm Turbo, JGS Waste gate / Blowoff valve, Tec-GT management, VCP Tuned, 575 RWHP, 690 RWTQ

FFR 8335, Black Mamba, 289 FIA CSX 2001 tribute car, 347, 48 IDA webers, VCP Tuned, 311 RWHP 386 RWTQ, 3-link, Trigo's

FFR 0004, Gen 3 , Hawk Coupe, Coyote twin turbo, 683 RWHP 559 RWTQ, IRS, VCP Tuned. "not too shabby"

US ARMY Maintenance Test Pilot (CW4 Retired)

Post Thanks / Like
    Really great numbers Erik! All those torques will make it so much fun to drive

Quote Originally Posted by Erik W. Treves View Post
    I was able to get 4* caster and 1* camber out of the Hotrod spindles with pin drives...but that's it! I will probably leave it like this...might make a slight adjustment..but looks good.
    You didn't say whether camber is + or -. I retrofitted one recently, also a power steering car, and was running out of adjustment at similar settings. By shortening the rear adjuster sleeve approximately 1/4" I was able to achieve my desired -.75* camber and +7 degrees caster.

Cheers,
    Jeff