FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: naked hot rods first show

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Your 33 project is a great example how these kits can be individualized and to also to showcase your creative talent. You've done a great job. I have incorporated several ideas from your build in my 33 project.
    -Larry

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Foristell View Post
    Your 33 project is a great example how these kits can be individualized and to also to showcase your creative talent. You've done a great job. I have incorporated several ideas from your build in my 33 project.
    -Larry
    Uh-OH
    Larry I forgot to update you when none of those ideas worked out, sorry about that.
    Thanks and do tell, which ones you decided to emulate?
    Dale
    Last edited by myjones; 09-23-2014 at 07:34 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am using the 4 link upper and lower control arm setup. I like the adjust-ability so I can center the back wheels in the fender opening and that it has the tabs welded on the lower control arms for a sway bar. I bought the QA1 setup so once I get the car on the road I will have to determine if sway bars will be necessary for the stiffness setting I end up going with. I also will be looking at using your trunk hinge setup. That looks almost like it was designed for the car.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Foristell View Post
    I am using the 4 link upper and lower control arm setup. I like the adjust-ability so I can center the back wheels in the fender opening and that it has the tabs welded on the lower control arms for a sway bar. I bought the QA1 setup so once I get the car on the road I will have to determine if sway bars will be necessary for the stiffness setting I end up going with. I also will be looking at using your trunk hinge setup. That looks almost like it was designed for the car.
    The trunk hinge idea came from another kit company that makes an all steel 33 body thus a lot more expensive. With their steel trunk lid they didn't need the curved side tubes because their lid was up to the point load. Since you don't have the extended rear clip you will need to add a bit of steel at the side of the opening to mount the hinges to. WHAT your rear wheels weren't already centered in the body??

I am having a bit of trouble getting just the right spring for my ride height on the front. The custom upper and lower A-arms I made need a shorter/softer spring to get down low enough. I am trying to fine tune that now instead of fighting it after all the radiator and pulley stuff is in the way. Did you see the post from Cali where the guy built his as delivered? He has 140 miles on it and says it's "way too harsh" at least he will know exactly what happens for the money he spends to make it suit him.
    If you get to KC drop by.
    Dale