Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5

Thread: More progress made on the body : )

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mike-

I can't tell you how impressed I am with how this is coming together. It is going to be just stunning!

I am really impressed by the fact that you have been able to keep your vision intact despite the myriad challenges and setbacks you have faced. I just love how all of the details have come together, and it is going to look outrageous!

You are so close, and if I were you, I am not sure I would be able to sleep at night knowing how close it is. I am looking forward to the next couple posts!

Regards,

Steve

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WIS89 View Post
    Mike-

I can't tell you how impressed I am with how this is coming together. It is going to be just stunning!

I am really impressed by the fact that you have been able to keep your vision intact despite the myriad challenges and setbacks you have faced. I just love how all of the details have come together, and it is going to look outrageous!

You are so close, and if I were you, I am not sure I would be able to sleep at night knowing how close it is. I am looking forward to the next couple posts!

Regards,

Steve
    Thank you Steve. I really appreciate the support. And oddly enough, I am able to sleep well, because this interior project has gone so smoothly.

I can't wait to see these panels covered in leather, or painted. And... we still have the seats that need to be re-designed. I had originally thought that I would do the seats similar to the Ferrari F12 seats. But after talking to Steve this week, he got me to consider a different approach.

This interior has been custom designed to fit the look, feel, and flow of the GTM. And the F12 seats really scream FERRARI.

So we're going to do something that work with the door panels and the lines of the dash/console.

All the panels have been taken out for the last time, and cleaned. The car has been cleaned out again. And the GTM has been unwrapped and cleaned.

I'm thinking that this is a good sign.

Stay Tuned!

Mike
    The Stig

Some say, that I only know two facts about ducks, (both being wrong); and that if I could be bothered, I could solve the "da Vinci Code" in 47 seconds...
    All I know is that I'm called "The Stig".
    GTM #0081

Post Thanks / Like

The padding has been applied and reinstalled for final "mock-up" in order to get an idea of where seam lines should fall.

The console panels will be painted the same color as the gauge bezel. Sort of a titanium gray shade.

The gauge pod is finally looking like a finished piece.

The steering column cover, has been altered a little, to incorporate the L.E.D. display for the radar detector. This will be covered in alcantara, and should look pretty nice.
    Last edited by The Stig; 11-08-2014 at 09:12 PM.
    The Stig

Some say, that I only know two facts about ducks, (both being wrong); and that if I could be bothered, I could solve the "da Vinci Code" in 47 seconds...
    GTM #0081

Post Thanks / Like

Where you see the black padding, will be covered in leather. Below that will be carpet.
    Using the wool carpet in these areas will make the angles in the console aluminum soften up considerably.

The transitions between the roll bar covers and the head liner is really tight. Alcantara for the headliner, a-pillars, roll bar covers.

The rear bulkhead cover looks pretty nice against the head liner. You can see a few of the "seam" lines that Steve has begun to layout for the stitching of the seat covers.
    Last edited by The Stig; 11-08-2014 at 09:27 PM.
    The Stig

GTM #0081

Post Thanks / Like

The ambient lighting in the door panels can be seen in this picture.

The console reaches up onto the dash in a shape that lines up and compliments the wiper "bump" in the hood.

A different view of the steering column cover for the radar detector...

Materials are ready to go onto the panels.
    Last edited by The Stig; 11-08-2014 at 09:40 PM.
    The Stig

GTM #0081