Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2

Thread: MRG MotorSports 818S Build

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    that's the ticket, same as my idea...

the rack isn't the issue it's those rectangular pads that the nose sits on. Measure diagonally from the windshield tubing or some other easy to get to spot. When they weld up the radiator frame it distorts to the left due to how it is fixtured (as per Chris, our resident welding poohbah) If you look at the online GRM video they clip the left pads to even it out. Right now the spacing is such that it forces the nose to be crooked. I clipped 3/8 off the front, 3/8 off the outside of the left pad. I also put a nice 3/8 radius on the outside points of those brackets. This allows you to move the nose side to side and front to back. See how I can slide my nose onto the pads to totally cover the pads...

P1120411.JPG P1120412.JPG P1120413.JPG P1120414.JPG

P1120415.JPG P1120416.JPG P1120417.JPG

You can see how much I had to cut the buckets to allow the nose to slide back. I still need a piece of aluminum angle at the bottom for the front lower attachment.

you can also see how my nose has to be pushed to the right to square up, the fiberglass is at the edge of the radiator on the right and over it about 1/4 on the left...

Oh yeah, I loosened all the bolts and used a ratchet strap to pull it to the right and still had to grind the pad. You can move it quite a bit just by pulling it against the mounting brackets due to hole clearance etc...
    Last edited by RM1SepEx; 03-11-2015 at 07:33 PM. Reason: spelling
    Dan

818S #17 Picked up 8/1/13 First start 11/1/13 Go Kart 3/28/14