As for tuning...

before tuning, Taylor recommended we replace some things. We changed out an intercooler hose, the metal turbo coolant reservoir from steel to plastic, a fuel line, changed some clamps out, and better secured a few things. He provided us all the tools (though I brought plenty in the truck) and the parts we needed. Plus, between fixing parts, alignment, and tuning it took until way late in the night and Taylor had no problem continuing to work to help us get out of there without leaving the car all week. What a guy!

It went poorly at first, as boost was dropping off. Turns out we had the EBCS plumbed slightly wrong, and even after it was spinning the wheels on the dyno, so we strapped down the rear-center of the car much better and didn't have issues. Taylor let me drive it on the dyno while he tuned (in part because it was easier for him, and partly because I really wanted to drive it on the dyno ). It made the smoothest power curve I've ever seen on a turbo Subaru.

Only thing that we couldn't figure out is why it made such low power according to the dyno. Taylor's dyno always reads lower than some (my WRX was about 50hp lower than EFI's dyno on the same tune/hardware/similar weather), but 180hp for my motor doesn't seem right. Perhaps something with the weight he typed in for the calculation, or maybe something to do with RWD on a normally AWD dyno. Based on the motor (a hybrid EJ257/205 with forged internals at 18 psi) and the fact that it just throws you into your seat in both the 818 and the donor car it came out of, I have a hard time believing it's making less than my stock 2012 WRX motor. Either way, the car is WAY faster now and super driveable.

Extremely impressed with the smoothness of this tune and will be taking my 2012 stage 2 WRX to him to be retuned. I'm absolutely floored at how well he works, how accommodating he is, and how good his tunes turn out. That was my shameless plug for anyone in the NY region looking for a tune; Moon Performance was an amazing experience!