Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Carbon Canister/Evap line pluming

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeyPSF View Post
    You'd need a Tactrix Openport 2.0 and the free EcuFlash software, which would allow you disable any trouble code source so that if you no longer have some component in question you can remove it as a CEL trigger source. Another fun thing to check out for those early 16 bit Subaru ECUs is the Carberry ROM. It's a collection of custom code that lets you add things like launch control, anti-lag, and tons of other features.

http://www.romraider.com/forum/viewt...hp?f=36&t=7594

He's also working on a flex fuel system at the moment as well. There's a link in that same forum with details on that.
    Awesome, is it hard to program, I am not the most tech savy and I would hate to mess with my cars electronics in risk of it causing problems

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by iblackwe View Post
    Awesome, is it hard to program, I am not the most tech savy and I would hate to mess with my cars electronics in risk of it causing problems
    EcuFlash works by uploading a software kernel in to a temporary location in the ECU. This kernel oversees/manages the reflashing process so a lot can go wrong but as long as you don't turn the ignition 'OFF' you can recover just by restarting the process. For instance, if the laptop battery ran out, the USB cable came unplugged mid-reflash, etc, you just click the write button again and EcuFlash will even pick up where it left off so that you're not starting from the beginning.

This video series does a good job of giving an overview. It's focused on tuning an Evo, but the concepts are basically the same for any Subaru or Mitsubishi ECU you can tune with EcuFlash.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKRohS_WSq8
    Last edited by MikeyPSF; 06-17-2015 at 01:49 PM. Reason: clarification