Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5

Thread: More progress made on the body : )

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

Enough is enough

Hi Mike,
    I was just looking at the GTM calendar today admiring your car and thought to myself, "it's been a while since I have been on the forum to see your car finished". So you can imagine my surprise to see pictures that look an awful lot like the last time I seen it. :-(
    Any car can always be better. And as long as your wallet is open there will always be someone willing to help you make it so. Only you can say when it's good enough. I generally say "enough" a little after it stops being fun.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by carbon fiber View Post
    I hope that good feeling comes back. I can also understand how after all the bs you can begin to feel that way. It's ridiculous that he thinks it screams kit car or that the interior still needs work. It's obvious he's trying to get deeper into your wallet. Put your foot down and stick to what you want. It's also ridiculous that David Smith or at least someone at FFR won't answer calls, emails, etc. They seem to be really good at selling you something and then forgetting you exist. Myself and others have had the same problems, getting an answer or even a simple response. FFR could learn a thing or two about customer service from RCR or Ultima. (I've heard great things about both) They could also fix the body of the GTM - SO THAT EVERY SINGLE PERSON THAT BUYS ONE DOESN'T HAVE TO GO THROUGH THE GATES OF HELL TO GET THE BODYWORK RIGHT, OR THE DOORS TO FIT! (like it should come in the first place) 600 build hours my A$$. Keep your head up, don't sell it after all this, enjoy it more because of it.
    I've had the same thoughts about the GTM. If Factory Five would fix the chassis and body molds the GTM would likely see a huge growth in sales. The fact that they haven't tells me that they feel that the GTM project has reach it's point of diminishing returns. I'm sure that I am also not the only one to notice that advertising and marketing of the GTM has dropped significantly. A geometrically correct chassis, and a body that fits the chassis as it should, would most definitely spark a great deal of renewed interest.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgeman View Post
    Your car is amazing, I would not be putting that much back into it. (JMHO). Getting it painted would be my only concern. Get it out on the road and show it off.

I just read your post again and you say, "you are not going to own it long after that", get it painted and enjoy the car on the open roads. Save your money for the next project. JMHO.
    Am I going to sell it, the odds are pretty good at this point. I love the car, and I love what I've been able to achieve so far with my build project; regardless of what others might think. But after you've gone through crap-fest after crap-fest, you sort of want to move onto the next project. But we'll see. Once I get out of the shops, I may feel a bit different. But I'm no different than anyone else here; and if someone comes along with an offer of the right amount, they will probably go home with a nice blue GTM.

Quote Originally Posted by sk7500 View Post
    Hi Mike,
    I was just looking at the GTM calendar today admiring your car and thought to myself, "it's been a while since I have been on the forum to see your car finished". So you can imagine my surprise to see pictures that look an awful lot like the last time I seen it. :-(
    Any car can always be better. And as long as your wallet is open there will always be someone willing to help you make it so. Only you can say when it's good enough. I generally say "enough" a little after it stops being fun.
    I have a mental picture of what I want the car to be. I know that when I feel I've reached that goal, I'll know when I've had enough...

This project used to be fun. Now I seem to focus more on just getting finished.

Mike
    The Stig

Some say, that I only know two facts about ducks, (both being wrong); and that if I could be bothered, I could solve the "da Vinci Code" in 47 seconds...
    All I know is that I'm called "The Stig".
    GTM #0081

Post Thanks / Like
    I stopped by the shop when I got into Charlotte earlier. I think Tony understands my "philosophy" a little better. I think we're on the same page again about all points. Steve Kurzman is coming by the shop next week to remove the interior... (Everything). And then the car will be disassembled for work to begin. We'll see then, how I'm feeling. He told me that I'm too serious.

But that's just me.

The car was re-wrapped when I got there.

Mike

Last edited by The Stig; 09-17-2015 at 08:16 PM.
    The Stig

Some say, that I only know two facts about ducks, (both being wrong); and that if I could be bothered, I could solve the "da Vinci Code" in 47 seconds...
    GTM #0081

Post Thanks / Like
    Let me just say that it has been my experience that just about every individual that works in an industry where highly volatile, mind altering chemicals are used on a daily basis seems to have a bit of a different view on reality and what is "serious". I hope you end up with what you are looking for without too many more headaches.
    www.myraceshop.com

GTM solution kits
    Corvette and Race parts

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crash View Post
    Let me just say that it has been my experience that just about every individual that works in an industry where highly volatile, mind altering chemicals are used on a daily basis seems to have a bit of a different view on reality and what is "serious". I hope you end up with what you are looking for without too many more headaches.
    I have to say that I agree! And I'm sure that when it's all said and done, she'll be just right. Whenever that is.

Mike
    The Stig

GTM #0081

Post Thanks / Like
    all this time and money for new paint only to slap a bumper sticker on the back reading "My Second car is a Bugatti Veyron"

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fact5racer View Post
    all this time and money for new paint only to slap a bumper sticker on the back reading "My Second car is a Bugatti Veyron"
    You're right Gary... But with the Mercedes in the shop having the transmission rebuilt, the Veyron may just become the primary driver after all this.

Mike
    The Stig

GTM #0081