Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Mark's MKIV 8666 Build Thread - Now for sale!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    i didn't get a whole lot done this weekend, got the rack together and mounted in the chassis, and started fitting the steering shaft and brake booster and pedal box. No issues with the pedal box, but the booster does not clear the frame (I know this), my biggest issue is accessing the master cylinder fill cap after the body is on. I am going to try and do a more exact test fit tonight.

rack 1.jpg rack 2.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 6t8dart View Post
    my biggest issue is accessing the master cylinder fill cap after the body is on.
    I've built a few cars using the vacuum booster, You can easily reach under the body to remove the master cylinder cap and then to top it off I suggest that you purchase my custom fill device---only $19.95 (cash sales only, I only accept fiftys and hundreds, no change).

Jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Kleiner View Post
    I've built a few cars using the vacuum booster, You can easily reach under the body to remove the master cylinder cap and then to top it off I suggest that you purchase my custom fill device---only $19.95 (cash sales only, I only accept fiftys and hundreds, no change).

Jeff
    Jeff,
    I know that is an old post, but you owe me a cup of tea and a monitor and keyboard cleanup.