BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3

Thread: Who are the proud 20th Anniversary Kit Owners?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Post Thanks / Like
    I am indeed checking it all but I don't have much of a reference on most of it. I think they gave me the wrong front shocks. Are all 4 Koni shocks supposed to be the same? My rears look like your fronts but my fronts are not adjustable and are painted solid red...

I do have the uca's and lca's for the IRS.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RRussellTx View Post
    I am indeed checking it all but I don't have much of a reference on most of it. I think they gave me the wrong front shocks. Are all 4 Koni shocks supposed to be the same? My rears look like your fronts but my fronts are not adjustable and are painted solid red...
    Take it a box at a time, and use the box listings FF provides. Parts are generally grouped into logical assemblies. Parts that you don't recognize can generally be identified by a process of elimination using the description on the box list. Especially for first time builders, doing a thorough inventory is a good time to learn what the various parts are and get familiar with them. The manual has a lot of pictures, and that also can be used to help identify parts. I also use a digital caliper to measure stuff where it applies, including all hardware. Most digital calipers can switch between SAE and metric which is nice because the kit has plenty of both. Most recommend leaving the parts in their original boxes once inventoried, and using the box lists to find the parts when ready for assembly. I also recommend putting any backorder parts into the box they were supposed to be in, once received. Of course, anything you can't account for or doesn't seem right, immediately report to FF once you've completed the inventory. They're generally very good to take care of it. Officially they want you to report all shortages or problems within 45 days. In fact, you probably noticed they have stickers on the boxes saying this. But they're generally pretty relaxed about it. Maybe more important is you want the parts to be all available once you start working on that assembly step.

For the shocks, yes, you should have four of the all aluminum double adjusting Koni shocks. They're all four actually the same part. The only difference between front and back is the springs. There are different weights for front and back. The red Koni's are the standard ones. They did the same thing with my kit, e.g. shipped the front standard shock and springs. I reported it, and they sent me a shipping label to return, which I did. I did receive four of the special shocks though. They were all in the same box.
    Last edited by edwardb; 09-20-2015 at 08:28 PM.
    Build 1: Mk3 Roadster #5125. Sold 11/08/2014. Build 2: Mk4 Roadster #7750. Sold 04/10/2017. Build Thread
    Build 3: Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8674. Sold 09/07/2020. Build Thread and Video. Build 4: Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe #59. Gen 3 Coyote. Legal 03/04/2020. Build Thread and Video
    Build 5: 35 Hot Rod Truck #138. LS3 and 4L65E auto. Rcvd 01/05/2021. Legal 04/20/2023. Build Thread. Sold 11/9/2023.