Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: 15th Anniversary MKIV build thread - TROJAN

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by David Hodgkins View Post
    oh BTW I forgot: Jeff used a piece of metal shaped like a windshield post to check the holes...

Dave

Let me know how the windshield goes. Mine has got me a bit freaked out. I have two pieces of metal that are shaped like the windshield posts clamped in place through body openings that I massaged a bit to get them to fit. Only issue is that the simulated legs are NOT the same as the windshield when the factory legs are attached. In my case the windshield legs are splayed out (pigeon toed \ / ) to where the holes in the body will have to be closer together in the rear as apposed to the front. (Not Parallel) They are also a bit wider apart on the windshield than the mounting points on the frame. Right now it looks like I will have to bend the legs parallel to one another and also try and twist the legs square to one another. Otherwise you are looking at shims and pretty big openings in the body. I keep poking around on the forum and am still not comfortable with getting it done.

I am hoping you get this done so I can copy you and worry less. Selfish I know, but you are under the gun and I am just cruising along.
    Last edited by CDXXVII; 09-29-2015 at 10:13 PM.