FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  7

Thread: Tarp 818r

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I just googled and found an OBX diff listed here for an 02-06 WRX. Did you try these guys?

Don't forget to buy the upgraded washer kit for it, here

We've been happy with ours.

At $750 for a Quaife though, I'd be tempted.
    Tamra
    Building 818SR #297 picked up 10/25/14 with Andrew (xxguitarist)
    First start 12/21/14, First "drive" 1/17/15
    First Dyno at EFI Logics 3/7/15- 310whp at 15psi for break in, full spool by ~3500rpm!
    First autocross 3/29/15
    1st Registered 818 in Connecticut 7/24/2015. 9 months - 1 day from kit pickup!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamra View Post
    I just googled and found an OBX diff listed here for an 02-06 WRX. Did you try these guys?

Don't forget to buy the upgraded washer kit for it, here

We've been happy with ours.

At $750 for a Quaife though, I'd be tempted.
    I just emailed them to see if they actually have them in stock or not. My experience so far has been that the tuners who say that they have them in stock really don't, they usually just drop ship from a distributor. So they'll take the order and process the credit card, and then not fulfill the order and then refund the money. This has happened to me numerous times with stuff like this (including a prior OBX order on this car). So we'll see if those guys are on the up and up with this or not.

I've already ordered and received the washer kit, assuming that the first vendor who said they had an OBX actually did. They didn't. Will go Quaife if I can't find an OBX soon. I want to get that transmission done and attached to the motor (already have the clutch stuff on hand and ready to install).

Can't wait to have this car running. Gotta think about a seat for it soon. Am really curious about the Momo Daytona or Daytona Evo, but I saw an OMP one the other day that I liked too. Definitely want a HANS-compatible seat with the head surrounds on this open-cockpit car.
    Last edited by Mulry; 10-14-2015 at 01:33 PM.