Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Sunshine State 818C Build

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey all,
    Great to see others getting started with their builds in Florida. My Stewart transport driver told me I was the last of 3 818's being delivered when I got mine last week. So hopefully one of you guys just got yours too. Today was my first day to work on the car as work has been ridiculous for lack of using more colorful words.

Got the interior panels and body removed and cleaned up the frame to prep for powder coating, didn't get mine done by FFR because I am doing some modifications to the frame and figured it'd just be easier as we have 3 powder coaters in town. Also got my engine up on the rotisserie today and installed my KillerB parts and cleaned up the engine a little. Will try and muddle through the 6speed kit FFR sent me sometime this week, but it'll be another crazy work week Sunday-Friday.

I have some concerns I was hoping to get everyone's feedback on before talking with FFR, the medal brackets that come down through the roof/A-pillars on my 818C have what I would suggest is an excessive amount of rust on them for being a freshly delivered kit. I am also surprised that FFR did not coat the metal used inside the a pillars as now with the fiberglass around it I have no way of tackling that rust or preventing it from getting worse. Anyone else have any similar issues? I'll try and get some photos up tomorrow night showing the rust, but for now I'm beat. got up at 7am EST to start on the car and just finished around 7pm EST, that and a 50+ work week, stick a fork in me I'm done!

Also I completely second and third the idea that we should make a Sunshine State 818 club! I'll travel for shows as far as the 818 will take me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon2B818 View Post
    Hey all,
    Great to see others getting started with their builds in Florida. My Stewart transport driver told me I was the last of 3 818's being delivered when I got mine last week. So hopefully one of you guys just got yours too. Today was my first day to work on the car as work has been ridiculous for lack of using more colorful words.

Got the interior panels and body removed and cleaned up the frame to prep for powder coating, didn't get mine done by FFR because I am doing some modifications to the frame and figured it'd just be easier as we have 3 powder coaters in town. Also got my engine up on the rotisserie today and installed my KillerB parts and cleaned up the engine a little. Will try and muddle through the 6speed kit FFR sent me sometime this week, but it'll be another crazy work week Sunday-Friday.

I have some concerns I was hoping to get everyone's feedback on before talking with FFR, the medal brackets that come down through the roof/A-pillars on my 818C have what I would suggest is an excessive amount of rust on them for being a freshly delivered kit. I am also surprised that FFR did not coat the metal used inside the a pillars as now with the fiberglass around it I have no way of tackling that rust or preventing it from getting worse. Anyone else have any similar issues? I'll try and get some photos up tomorrow night showing the rust, but for now I'm beat. got up at 7am EST to start on the car and just finished around 7pm EST, that and a 50+ work week, stick a fork in me I'm done!

Also I completely second and third the idea that we should make a Sunshine State 818 club! I'll travel for shows as far as the 818 will take me.
    My A pillars also have rust I just assumed that FFR dipped them in salt and put water on them before loading them in hahaha. I honestly have no idea why they are rusted and no other part is. I was thinking maybe it was just mine. If you ask FFR let me know what they say. My plan is to just sand them down and paint them when the time comes. This was the only real rusted part I had, none of the other items in the boxes had rust. Maybe its just humid and salty inside the transport trucks.