Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: wipers

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rplourdejr View Post
    RI rejected the 818 today because they want airbag, bumpers, muffler, and wiper. They also said i need to fix the brakes, as they found a leak. I have spent many hours and gone thru 4 brass tees. Thought i had it so it no longer leaked but its still leaking. I need to discuss with them the airbag and bumpers, there is no way those can be done
    As for the airbag, they just wanted it removed from the steering wheel, even though it is not connected.

As for the bumpers, I spoke to the guy, and he said the boss said they will take the car, as is, without bumpers.

I had an exhaust made by DynoTune, and it works pretty good. Real quiet, so as long as emissions are good, it should pass.

I just got all new brake parts from RockAuto so I cannot see how they could fail the brakes. I think I also need to point out that they brakes are manual brakes, and not power brakes.

Did the wipers, came out pretty good, by following some links here on the forum. I even added the washer bottle, but I needed to get one from Tacoma since it is smaller, and the only thing I could fit. The wrx one is huge.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rplourdejr View Post
    Did the wipers, came out pretty good, by following some links here on the forum. I even added the washer bottle, but I needed to get one from Tacoma since it is smaller, and the only thing I could fit. The wrx one is huge.
    Where did you mount the washer bottle? I'm still trying to figure out where to put mine.

Also, what are you doing about a washer fluid nozzle?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Skyline View Post
    Where did you mount the washer bottle? I'm still trying to figure out where to put mine.

Also, what are you doing about a washer fluid nozzle?
    I added it just after the fan, and I ran the nozzle off to the side, with a small piece of aluminum, which is easy to bend.

See pics.

Wiper1.jpgWiper2.jpg