Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  11
Likes Likes:  19

Thread: Hindsight's build thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Moonlight Performance
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Wayne. I'm confused as to how it works. I would think in order for it to work, the spindle bracket would need to have one hole that is the same diameter as the smallest diameter of the bolt (the side with threads on it), and the other side of the spindle bracket would need to have a hole that is actually larger than the thickest part of the bolt (nearest the shoulder).

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hindsight View Post
    Thanks Wayne. I'm confused as to how it works. I would think in order for it to work, the spindle bracket would need to have one hole that is the same diameter as the smallest diameter of the bolt (the side with threads on it), and the other side of the spindle bracket would need to have a hole that is actually larger than the thickest part of the bolt (nearest the shoulder).
    The axis of the threaded portion of the bolt is off center from the larger shoulder. Therefore, as the bolt is rotated in it's seat, the angular position, determined by the larger shoulder, laterally offsets the axis of the threaded portion.

Moonlight Performance
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wleehendrick View Post
    The axis of the threaded portion of the bolt is off center from the larger shoulder. Therefore, as the bolt is rotated in it's seat, the angular position, determined by the larger shoulder, laterally offsets the axis of the threaded portion.
    Right - I believe I'm on the same page as you, but is my statement about the hole sizes in the spindle bracket accurate? If so, I believe I understand fully, if not, I'm still confused