Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 2015 Coyote Advice Request

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by briankauf View Post
    EdwardB, I am at about this point in the install. I am wondering what you ended up doing with the hose from point #2? The newish FFR instructions have us running an air hose from a barb near the throttle body back to the fuel pressure regulator. The hose you mention in #2 is still un-used, and no mention is made of it in the instructions. Wondering how you handled it, since your car is already running beautifully.
    I've confirmed the hose in point #2 is not used. I completely removed it. FYI, it goes from a manifold connection on the rear of the engine, through the intake to the front PS side of the engine. From there in a Mustang it attaches to a hose going over to the vacuum booster for the power brakes. It doesn't attach anywhere on the front of the engine. You're right. It's not mentioned in the latest FF Coyote instructions.

Also FYI, since the connection vacated by that hose was available and close, I used it for the vacuum source to the fuel regulator. I've heard from another forum member that he measured the vacuum on that connection at the back of the engine and it was marginal. He switched to the vacuum connection FF says to use on the front of the engine. Doesn't exactly make sense if that rear connection is supplying vacuum for the power brakes, but I'm going to measure mine when I get a chance. Will switch as well if it doesn't seem right.
    Build 1: Mk3 Roadster #5125. Sold 11/08/2014. Build 2: Mk4 Roadster #7750. Sold 04/10/2017. Build Thread
    Build 3: Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8674. Sold 09/07/2020. Build Thread and Video. Build 4: Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe #59. Gen 3 Coyote. Legal 03/04/2020. Build Thread and Video
    Build 5: 35 Hot Rod Truck #138. LS3 and 4L65E auto. Rcvd 01/05/2021. Legal 04/20/2023. Build Thread. Sold 11/9/2023.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by edwardb View Post
    I've confirmed the hose in point #2 is not used. I completely removed it. FYI, it goes from a manifold connection on the rear of the engine, through the intake to the front PS side of the engine. From there in a Mustang it attaches to a hose going over to the vacuum booster for the power brakes. It doesn't attach anywhere on the front of the engine. You're right. It's not mentioned in the latest FF Coyote instructions.

Also FYI, since the connection vacated by that hose was available and close, I used it for the vacuum source to the fuel regulator. I've heard from another forum member that he measured the vacuum on that connection at the back of the engine and it was marginal. He switched to the vacuum connection FF says to use on the front of the engine. Doesn't exactly make sense if that rear connection is supplying vacuum for the power brakes, but I'm going to measure mine when I get a chance. Will switch as well if it doesn't seem right.
    Thank you, as always, you're a huge help!