Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: FiTech/RF wiring question

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    RickP,
    Thank you for posting this question and solution. I'll be wiring my Fitech soon, and wasn't sure which RF (carb or efi) wiring to use. BTW, There is a guy (Brian1967 on ffcars) in Bucks County, PA that has just installed a fitech on his build. Looks like he's 26 miles away from Boyertown, PA. You two may be able to compare notes.
    Dave

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DadofThree View Post
    RickP,
    Thank you for posting this question and solution. I'll be wiring my Fitech soon, and wasn't sure which RF (carb or efi) wiring to use. BTW, There is a guy (Brian1967 on ffcars) in Bucks County, PA that has just installed a fitech on his build. Looks like he's 26 miles away from Boyertown, PA. You two may be able to compare notes.
    Dave
    Thank you Dave, I will have to reach out to Brian1967. Thank you for the heads up. The wording in the RF instructions coupled with what is stated in the FiTech installation instructions threw me off. I know Wallace18 has an FiTech so he is speaking from experience. Even the tech at FiTech was initially confused as he was advising me to wire the FiTech white wire to both RF EFI wires. No need for that as one of them goes to coil (positive) which just happens to be the Orange Coil/EFI labeled wire. That only leaves one wire left of relevance from the RF harness and it goes to the FiTech white wire. In order to drive your tachometer, run the purple coil wire to your coil neg. post. The system takes some time to wire up but other than the two RF wires, it's pretty straight forward. I am going for a "first start" this Sunday so I will flush out any wiring problems. If you run into issues, give me a shout and I can share what I did.