Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 818 won't start

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ben1272 View Post
    Alarm system? Immobilizer of some sort?

I second (or third) the check the ground. Did you provide all the grounds recommended by FFR and did a good job cleaning the frame of paint,etc., to ensure good connections? Might be worth loosening and re-tightening all of them.
    Yea I think I need to go through the grounds again. The car had a factory alarm system, could that keep it from starting? Not sure how it would work in the 818.

I'm reasonably sure the grounds were good, but it's probably worth re-checking/doing them.

The donor is from a 2002 WRX.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GUNS View Post
    Yea I think I need to go through the grounds again. The car had a factory alarm system, could that keep it from starting? Not sure how it would work in the 818.

I'm reasonably sure the grounds were good, but it's probably worth re-checking/doing them.

The donor is from a 2002 WRX.
    The link Sgt. Gator sent says: OVERRIDING the alarm when you don't have a Remote to disable it.
    If you don't have the remote put the key in the ignition and turn it on and off three times and the car will start on the 4th time

Sgt Gator also said this alpine system doesnt immobilize, but this paragraph certainly makes it sound like it does! Try it...easy to do.