Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Coupe Roof Problem...........DESPERATE!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mike, regarding the window panel I think it's better to make it adjustable so that after you have the hard top as you like it you can fit the window panel up to it. The manual has you using 2 people, a level and bolting it to the seat belt mounts, but . . .
    First, my rear firewall (behind the seats) is fastened by 5 rivnuts across the top - the arrow in this photo is one of the bolts that go into a rivnut. If yours is riveted you can drill out and bolt. Next, I drilled 5 1/4-inch holes in the bottom of the window panel spaced to match the 5 bolts in the top of the firewall, and then elongated the holes in the window panel. Now the window panel fits under the top of the firewall and you can raise the window panel up to tightly meet the ceiling, then tighten the rivnut bolts. Finally, drill the 2 holes for your seatbelt mounts and bolt the belts over the window panel.
    firewall window.jpg
    818S/C : Chassis #25 with 06 WRX 2.5 turbo, ABS, cruise, PS, A/C, Apple CarPlay, rear camera, power windows & locks, leather & other complexities. Sold 10/19 with 5,800 miles.
    Mk3 Roadster #6228 4.6L, T45, IRS, PS, PB, ABS, Cruise, Koni's, 17" Halibrands, red w/ silver - 9K miles then sold @ Barrett-Jackson Jan 2011 (got back cash spent).

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AZPete View Post
    Mike, regarding the window panel I think it's better to make it adjustable so that after you have the hard top as you like it you can fit the window panel up to it. The manual has you using 2 people, a level and bolting it to the seat belt mounts, but . . .
    First, my rear firewall (behind the seats) is fastened by 5 rivnuts across the top - the arrow in this photo is one of the bolts that go into a rivnut. If yours is riveted you can drill out and bolt. Next, I drilled 5 1/4-inch holes in the bottom of the window panel spaced to match the 5 bolts in the top of the firewall, and then elongated the holes in the window panel. Now the window panel fits under the top of the firewall and you can raise the window panel up to tightly meet the ceiling, then tighten the rivnut bolts. Finally, drill the 2 holes for your seatbelt mounts and bolt the belts over the window panel.
    firewall window.jpg
    Wow Pete!!, you've done a lot to make your coupe interior look factory finished. Are there more interior pics on your build thread?
    You instructions sound simple enough, I already have a rivnut tool, the rest seems fairly straight forward
    Thanks again Pete