Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 33 Hot Rod & 65 Coupe Platforms

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Vman, if your idea is used by Dave Smith to create a new product to sell, I wouldn't say that's insignificant. Plenty of customers will now enjoy an FFR pick-up even if they don't know who came up with it. What happened is you just didn't get paid for your ideas. You threw them all out there and there was no need for you after the basic idea/design. (Google VBM4000). One of the reasons I'm not showing my GTM redesign until it's finished. Anyone can take your ideas and try to recreate it. You should use your talents to design some things you can market, get paid doing it, and be significant in your own arena.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by carbon fiber View Post
    Vman, if your idea is used by Dave Smith to create a new product to sell, I wouldn't say that's insignificant. Plenty of customers will now enjoy an FFR pick-up even if they don't know who came up with it. What happened is you just didn't get paid for your ideas. You threw them all out there and there was no need for you after the basic idea/design. (Google VBM4000). One of the reasons I'm not showing my GTM redesign until it's finished. Anyone can take your ideas and try to recreate it. You should use your talents to design some things you can market, get paid doing it, and be significant in your own arena.
    Hi Jason, been a while. First off you are assuming that the insignificant part has to do with whether Dave Smith & FFR that the pickup design is even based on any part of my design, and that it won't be acknowledged if the pickup is somewhat based on my design. Don't know if it is or not, and FFR is not at that point yet.

Second, after reading your post I would come to the conclusion that you are driven by money. I am not driven by money. I am driven by desire, not just for self accomplishment, but also to help others to accomplish their goals. It's not about how much money I can make or having my name up on billboard and bragged about. If I happen to get paid, that's great. I believe that if someone cares more about the quality of the product, in this case designs, the money will follow. If not, that's ok, at least I have the satisfaction of knowing that I put my best effort to reach a goal. I have never asked money. I have said many times in posts, that I enjoy doing this.

Third, one can't not move in a certain direction without feedback and structural criticism, whether it leans negative or positive. Without feedback and/or structural criticism, there is no way to gauge/measure if one is on the right track and or direction. Since there has been little or no feedback and/or structural criticism, one can get the feeling of feeling insignificant. That what one is doing just isn't being listened to or just plain ignored for what ever reasons. Hence the avatar, because that is how I feel at the moment. I am not talking about this thread in particular. I am not feeling sorry for myself here. Just not getting enough feedback and/or structural criticism to know if what I am designing is going in the right direction.

Someone can have a great design at least they think it is a great design, but if no one has any interest in it, it ends up for the most part being an wasted effort.

Just in case some may have missed it when I say it. I do really appreciate people's input, as well as when people give credit where credit is due. I am also very happy for those who have used some of my designs and those who have built and sold items, more power to them!

Hope this makes sense

David
    Last edited by Vman7; 03-24-2017 at 12:40 PM.