Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Insurance during the build

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just moved from S Carolina to N Carolina with my unfinished 818. I had coverage with the Corvette National Museum. They cannot cover in NC. Anyone have recommendations for NC that are Agreed to value but not just restricted to going to shows or car events?

Thanks, BC

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BC Huselton View Post
    Just moved from S Carolina to N Carolina with my unfinished 818. I had coverage with the Corvette National Museum. They cannot cover in NC. Anyone have recommendations for NC that are Agreed to value but not just restricted to going to shows or car events?

Thanks, BC
    I'm in NC and am covered by Infinity. Inexpensive and no restrictions. Your rate will probably be based on your age, driving history, etc. Contact Kay Hagen at 919-278-6595.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the help...I will call Kay. Where are you in NC? I am in Cary.

CNM is great with reasonable rates and restrictions. I had to leave them because they cannot operate in NC. They must have a physical office in the State to deal there.

Post Thanks / Like
    I own several older or classic sports cars and have them insured with a combination of Chubb, Grundy and AAA in California. The rates are very reasonable, all policies are based on agreed value and not one of them have any restrictions. There is a lot of competition in the classic car insurance marketplace and in California they are eager to get your business. Like most others, my homeowner's policy covers me during the build stage of the Cobra.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by japollon View Post
    I own several older or classic sports cars and have them insured with a combination of Chubb, Grundy and AAA in California. The rates are very reasonable, all policies are based on agreed value and not one of them have any restrictions. There is a lot of competition in the classic car insurance marketplace and in California they are eager to get your business. Like most others, my homeowner's policy covers me during the build stage of the Cobra.
    Hmmm.... My AAA agent told me flat out, market value only (and we have all the other cars and home and boat through them.) They will not do agreed or stated value. Who's your agent or what county is Petaluma? I would like to stay with AAA, but I don't want to get stuck with a $20k settlement check if the car gets totaled or stolen. Maybe I should go to another AAA office. This is getting very frustrating for me. It shouldn't be this hard.
    If Brute Force doesn't work, you're not using enough of it.
    Basic Stuff: MK4 Complete Kit #8439, Wilwood's, 17" Halibrands. Extra Stuff: Stainless brake and fuel lines, Breeze cooling, Battery mount, SS Roll Bar. Old Fart Stuff: Heater, Seat Heaters, Footbox Fresh Air, Stereo, Keyless ignition, Power Steering, Hyd Clutch.
    Young & Dumb Stuff: 427w Dart, TKO600, 3 link Moser M9/Ford 9", 3.5:1, Eaton TruTrac Posi. Graduation Thread