Quote Originally Posted by edwardb View Post
My 20th Anniversary Roadster came with Koni 8212 series aluminum bodied externally double adjustable shocks. Part numbers: 8212 1447 B6. 8212 = Koni shock type (series), 1447 = size, stroke, etc. (maybe custom for FF because Koni only lists up to 1446), B6 = Valving code. Indicates these are made for 300-650 lbs./in. I say all that because I've heard these specific shocks have been discontinued and FF now supplies a different model for the aluminum double adjustable shocks. Something you may want to check. I found the following instructions on Koni's website not long after I received my shocks a couple years ago. Hopefully they apply to yours as well.

Adjustment:
Rebound - Insert a pin into the slotted adjuster located at top eye. Moving the pin from left to right (counter - clockwise) will cause the forces to increase. From the minimum or factory position, there are 12 possible sweeps of adjustment (1 sweep equals 1/4 turn).
Compression - Insert a screwdriver into the lower adjustment device. Turning the screw driver from left to right (clockwise) will cause the forces to increase. From the factory or minimum position, there are 12 possible "clicks" of adjustment.

I have mine set on the softest settings for both. They came that way as I recall (also listed in the quote) but I confirmed when installed. I am very pleased with how mine rides. These cars have a stiff racing type suspension. But I don't find it harsh at all. This build with the IRS rear setup I find more compliant and comfortable riding than my previous solid axle builds, if that's any consolation.

Hope that helps!
Paul,

Fantastic. I have been dealing a few items so plan to tackle shocks today. Something came to mind so I thought I'd ask. All adjustments to be performed with shock not under load? And, did you find the adjustments were made rather freely without force?