Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 818S Intercooler Plenum

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is a pretty old thread, but I did a little bit different test today. Stuffed an old shirt in the side scoop feed to the intercooler and blocked off the two upper vents. Post intercooler temps climbed up to ~120F with intake temp of about 80F. I pulled the shirt out (able to reach back and grab it while driving) and the post intercooler temperatures almost immediately dropped back down to ~85F. It may not be quite as efficient as an air to water intercooler, but it definitely shows that the system is doing some cooling.

2. Thanks turbomacncheese thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by autostang View Post
    This is a pretty old thread, but I did a little bit different test today. Stuffed an old shirt in the side scoop feed to the intercooler and blocked off the two upper vents. Post intercooler temps climbed up to ~120F with intake temp of about 80F. I pulled the shirt out (able to reach back and grab it while driving) and the post intercooler temperatures almost immediately dropped back down to ~85F. It may not be quite as efficient as an air to water intercooler, but it definitely shows that the system is doing some cooling.
    I have been noticing similar. I actually put a fine water mist system on mine. Just an aftermarket windshield washer fluid pump and reservoir. I use distilled water to prevent buildup. Drops temps even faster and stays cooler for a long time.