Gene,
Welcome to the other forum. You're becoming quite the director. One can tell you've a lot of experience in the car world.

I noticed your RC planes hanging from your ceiling. I started in RC Cars when I was in the 8th grade and moved to planes in high school. It's where I became fascinated with flight and aviation. I moved to RC helis and the last one I owned was a Raptor 50. I sold it while I was still in Hawaii because It seemed I was either deployed or in another country on an exercise.

I was an active duty Marine Corps Officer and Naval Aviator until last summer (almost 12 years now). Now I am a Major in the Reserves and an electrical engineer for the DON.

I noticed you trimmed the body in front of the door in the area that requires a larger gap in order for the door to open. From your years of body experience what are you considering doing in this area? I ask because I'm in the "body work" stage. I trimmed the door to get the clearance. The passenger side is perfect with a nice 1/4" that flows to 3/16" as it rises. However I had to make, what to me is a huge gap on the driver's side. I'm thinking that I need to add some thickness to the area (main body) in front of the gap and then remove some material from the inside of it. Then close the gap on the door to match the passenger side so that the door has the clearance to go inside of the body there as it opens...? Good or bad idea?