Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  4

Thread: Insurance in NC

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BEAR-AvHistory View Post
    Might want to try DMV headquarters in Raleigh. Could be random but was in & out very fast with AA plate & registration. Title will show up later.

BTW you need to have the DMV theft inspection done first. If the agent does not take the FFR serial # as a VIN, again random, they will issue you a state generated one apply it to the car in two places. I have a state VIN & had to get a bond, again random, but was only $100 or so all by email with a FedEx delivery of the bond document..

Fun Fact, they told me the FF serial cannot be used as a VIN so they assigned an NC VIN and attached in two places on my frame. Once I finally got the title, they used the FF serial as the VIN.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BradCraig View Post
    Fun Fact, they told me the FF serial cannot be used as a VIN so they assigned an NC VIN and attached in two places on my frame. Once I finally got the title, they used the FF serial as the VIN.
    Interesting I got a DMV made up number. Nothing like consistency. Just a bunch of government employees running around with no clue about how to do their job.
    Kevin
    MKIV #8234
    Coyote '14/TKO-600/3-Link 3:55 Rear
    I love the smell of 100 octane in the morning.
    NITTO NT01 275X40X17ZR - 315X35ZRX17
    Delivered 2/7/14 - Plate "COYOTE NC1965" 3/25/15