Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  22
Likes Likes:  521

Thread: Tesla Powered 33 Hot Rod

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Great project. Keep us posted.

I am going to assume that you are building a roadster. I am not tall at all (5'10"), and with the seat bolted to the floor, I am almost to tall for the coupe.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Brastic View Post
    Great project. Keep us posted.

I am going to assume that you are building a roadster. I am not tall at all (5'10"), and with the seat bolted to the floor, I am almost to tall for the coupe.
    Yes. I'm planning on the soft top only. I haven't driven the 33 before but I've looked them over close at SEMA a few times. Pedal spacing and footbox room will be easy since it won't have the big trans tunnel. I also ordered the tilt column. I'm right at 6' tall and based on the checking around I did it seems like it will be fine. I do want adjustable seats though - hopefully I can pull that off.

I've driven a MK4. It was a little tight but comfortable enough.

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Sounds like you have definitely done your homework. I was also thinking that having the rear-motor and batteries under the floor will let you skip the trans tunnel and give you more foot room, even though you don't have a clutch pedal to worry about, I know there isn't a lot of room there.

Are you going to run AC? Looked into that yet? With more hybrids out there and electric compressors I am hoping its not too hard to set something up like that.

And yay, more pics!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jayguy View Post

Are you going to run AC? Looked into that yet? With more hybrids out there and electric compressors I am hoping its not too hard to set something up like that.
    No, I don't think I want AC in it. We'll see how things go but for now I'm thinking just a heater.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BradC View Post
    No, I don't think I want AC in it. We'll see how things go but for now I'm thinking just a heater.
    I have AC in the hot rod coupe and use it. In my Cobra, I just have heated seats and a heater and it is enough. If I was building an EV, I would just use the heated seats and call it a day.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Brastic View Post
    I have AC in the hot rod coupe and use it. In my Cobra, I just have heated seats and a heater and it is enough. If I was building an EV, I would just use the heated seats and call it a day.
    Good to know. Thanks!