Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  51
Likes Likes:  108

Thread: Hank's Type 65 Build Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    A note on the fuel cell, you can get remote fill, may take some figuring but should be able to route the hose to the normal fill location, most have a flapper on the fill inlet for rollover protection. Also they should be good for 10 years. I just recently pulled one that was 20 years old and still fully functional. Funny about the Miata, I tried to explain to my dad a Cobra was about the same footprint and weight of my Miata and I wanted to put in a 427. He already thought the 180 hp was pretty spirited.

2. Likes rhk118 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by F500guy View Post
    A note on the fuel cell, you can get remote fill, may take some figuring but should be able to route the hose to the normal fill location, most have a flapper on the fill inlet for rollover protection. Also they should be good for 10 years. I just recently pulled one that was 20 years old and still fully functional. Funny about the Miata, I tried to explain to my dad a Cobra was about the same footprint and weight of my Miata and I wanted to put in a 427. He already thought the 180 hp was pretty spirited.
    Thank you for that input...the threads I looked at early on all converted to an in-trunk fill which I wasn't interested in...something else to look into, although I suspect wouldn't work with the trunk storage box I'm planning on using...however, nothing welded or riveted to the thing yet.