Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Subaru 4 pot front callipers on the front and the rear?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by prematureapex View Post
    You can order thicker ebrake shoes from the UK. I believe I posted the link earlier in this thread.
    Ah yes I see it now...I should have read the whole thread. My google skills are not working well to try and figure out the pad wear surface dimensions of the DBA 2657S conversion rotor (170mm ebrake). I have 5x100 STI front rotors on the rear now so I will measure the wear area, see if I can try to compare it online, or maybe just buy a DBA rotor to measure. It seems like as you and others have done adding material to offset the Cadillac caliper could work. My question/concern is the front and rear pads are usually different sizes with the rears being smaller. I can't remember if this is a pad height or length difference. If the pad height is the same front to back then I think it will work just need to modify the OEM caliper bracket. Sucks that when I moved I tossed all of the rear brackets and ebrake stuff.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by blomb11 View Post
    to try and figure out the pad wear surface dimensions of the DBA 2657S conversion rotor (170mm ebrake).
    rotor.jpg
    818S #22 Candy Blue Frame, Front Gas Tank, 2.5L Turbo, Rear radiator, Shortened Transmission, Wookiee Compatible, Console mounted MR2 Shifter, Custom ECU panel, AWIC soon
    My Son Michael's Turbo ICE Build X22 http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...rts-818S-Build
    My Electric Supercar Build X21 (on hold until winter) http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...e-Build-Thread

3. Thanks blomb11 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Wilwood E-brake

I used '04 STI rotors front and rear and the Caddy Brembos. With no hat section, you can't do drum E-brakes so I went to the Wilwood units. I think they might be kart brakes. I don't have the model number handy, but I did find them by searching the Wilwood site. The cables are also Wilwood. I used an aftermarket brake handle, Lokar I think. I'm very happy with this setup.

Ed

Rear brake resize.jpg