Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: First Start and a Couple of Questions

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    25th Anniversary #9772 toadster's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kirby View Post
    I started my gen 2 coyote a couple of weeks ago and had 2 questions.

1. My oil pressure seemed really high (around 90) at first start and on subsequent starts. As the motor warmed up the oil pressure came down. This seems really high to me but I am not familiar with these motors. Any thoughts on this?

2. I have used FORSCAN for all of my diagnostics on my daily driver vehicles with great success. However I cannot get it to connect to the coyote. I tried all of the tips and tricks I could find. Is there another software you all recommend for viewing only for the coyote?

I had these questions in my build thread but did not get any responses. Thanks in advance.
    I haven't found a good model for FORSCAN in the Gen3, I've used it on several Ford vehicles in the past

what would you plan on using it for? there aren't really any other computers than the PCM to interact with - although I'm going to monkey with my ABS with ForScan, that required me to contact ForScan support to get an '05-09 GT500 signature - haven't tested it out yet though- supposedly it will allow ABS comms to happen through FORSCAN, but it's still not tied to the PCM
    Todd
    25th Anniversary MkIV | #20 of 25 | Build #9772
    https://cobradreams.com/ <- my build!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by toadster View Post
    I haven't found a good model for FORSCAN in the Gen3, I've used it on several Ford vehicles in the past

what would you plan on using it for? there aren't really any other computers than the PCM to interact with - although I'm going to monkey with my ABS with ForScan, that required me to contact ForScan support to get an '05-09 GT500 signature - haven't tested it out yet though- supposedly it will allow ABS comms to happen through FORSCAN, but it's still not tied to the PCM
    I use Forscan in my other vehicles and it is just what I have no specific need for it.