Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: mclaren style hydraulic stabilizer bar?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    But. .. Thinking it a little over the effective piston area should be doubled because fluid don't compress or stretch, so there will be equal force pulling and pushing at the same time? That should effectively double force capacity at given pressure? That means that to maintain the needed force the pressure can be reduced to 1015psi for the same result, and there will be a lot of headroom for spikes?
    I see no problems, there are only solutions..

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Join View Post
    But. .. Thinking it a little over the effective piston area should be doubled because fluid don't compress or stretch, so there will be equal force pulling and pushing at the same time? That should effectively double force capacity at given pressure? That means that to maintain the needed force the pressure can be reduced to 1015psi for the same result, and there will be a lot of headroom for spikes?
    Yeah, your probably right there. Its to late to think right now. I'm not used to driving a cylinder with another cylinder. With a pump the travel speeds will be different depending on the piston area.
    I know for all intensive purposes fluids are incompressible, but not sure about the stretching part. Once the pressure reduces below the saturated vapor pressure the fluid will form bubbles...cavitation.