Likes Likes:  0

Thread: New 818 Look, Possible Future Mod.s

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vman7 View Post
    <<<<scratching head....I forget what's this thread about again?......rofl
    Hi Vman,

I hope you don't mind my edits. They are possible modifications to the Factory Five 818 design using add on hardtops like those on other convertibles. In the FFR Roadster world several outside vendors provide hard tops, one is even developing a gull wing hardtop.

Thank you for the compliment. I did take some liberties with the top vent location to make the upper vent play off the lower vent. Since cuttouts are generally an option (for extra $ from FFR) I expect we could have that cutout left out and put one where it will work better with a Targa top. Black vinyl could force the shadow lines you have in your images. The rear window could be applied over hidden structure if it is darkened, but would still decrease some of the blind spot.

I would love it if you would put your special designer's touch to this concept. Thanks again!

Cheers!
    The 818 will make you feel like superman
    ... which you are not ...
    And will send you into the afterlife quicker than anything if you think you are
    ... to the sound of Darwin laughing

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FFR-ADV View Post
    Hi Vman,

I hope you don't mind my edits. They are possible modifications to the Factory Five 818 design using add on hardtops like those on other convertibles. In the FFR Roadster world several outside vendors provide hard tops, one is even developing a gull wing hardtop.

Thank you for the compliment. I did take some liberties with the top vent location to make the upper vent play off the lower vent. Since cuttouts are generally an option (for extra $ from FFR) I expect we could have that cutout left out and put one where it will work better with a Targa top. Black vinyl could force the shadow lines you have in your images. The rear window could be applied over hidden structure if it is darkened, but would still decrease some of the blind spot.

I would love it if you would put your special designer's touch to this concept. Thanks again!

Cheers!
    Yours are fine, at least you can still tell which car it is, either FFR or FFR's with small mod.s not the major changes, which get confusing.

Only thing I would change on yours is the upper side vent shape and the bottom end point, like I said sits back too far
    Last edited by Vman7; 06-12-2012 at 06:00 PM.