Quote Originally Posted by Rick Williams View Post
Maybe I can become the Ralph Button of the GTM world . I could put 1,400 miles on it driving to the open house and back and then take a 1,200 mile round trip to FL to see the folks. After that another 1,100 mile round trip to my wife's family beach house in Delaware. I can see it five years from now. Stone chips, grime, and 50,000 miles of smiles.
Rick,

I've pretty much decided the same thing. There's no point in owning it, if you can't bring yourself to park it anywhere. And you're right. There are plenty of high-end restaurants that have off street parking. Would I let some kid Valet Park it? Not a Chance!!! But they'll usually let you park yourself as long as you come up with a decent tip for them... (At least around Charlotte).

We've also talked about taking the GTM on trips. At first, they'll be short runs to Charleston or Asheville. Then when I'm comfortable that everything has been shaken out, we'll look at longer trips... Maybe next year's Mooch Fest, or Open House.

The big thing for us is a lack of space for luggage. Pam has already bought herself a "smaller set of hair curlers". A small duffle bag may be doable. But my wife is 5' tall. And the bag that she normally packs to go anywhere is roughly 6' tall... So we'll see how that works out...