Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Ready to paint.

Post Thanks / Like

Ready to paint.

Will be placing order for paint in next few days, what's the pro/cons on kandy, saw on forum a while back that kandy on a cobra was a no-no! Stop me from walking off a cliff thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok, no offense intended but if you are asking that question you likely have little to no experience painting cars. If that is the case, trying to do a 3 stage paint job is almost a certain waste of material. To technically pull off a "Kandy" job takes a bit of background and training. The other reasons not to do a kandy paint job is repairability. Kandies are awesome on show cars but not always practical on a driver.....step away from the cliff...da Bat

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah well I had little to no experience building factory five cars either but I built one . In my question I said buy not apply. And as far as offense none taken, lol!

Post Thanks / Like
    You just got the opinion that you requested from one of the best painters of FFR cars in the country. Thank You was a more appropriate response in my opinion.

Glen

Post Thanks / Like
    Love that user name. Seems to fit.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh come on guys....it's all good. I laughed! That right there is the start of a "Bromance" You have known me for years and I love to dish the smarm from time to time (actually this may have been the one time when I didn't because it was like his first post)and maybe there was (just maybe) a touch of smarm in his response. I can build a lifetime friendship outta that....WE COOL !!....da Bat

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GSides9 View Post
    You just got the opinion that you requested from one of the best painters of FFR cars in the country. Thank You was a more appropriate response in my opinion.

Glen
    That is why he is painting mine. You would be wise to heed his advice even if you are not doing the paint.
    Doug
    FFR 7995
    347 SBF Prestige Mototsports, Moser 8.8 (3.31) 3 Link, TKO 600, Nitto 555s, 17" Halibrands, PS, AC, Heat, Color Redfire Pearl, with Wimbledon White Stripes

Post Thanks / Like
    I do like the user name. He must be a fisherman. Down south we call crappie, white perch. My Dad use to call 'em ole bugle mouths if they get real big. What ever you call them they sure do taste good fried up with some french fries and hush puppies. MMM MMM
    FFR MK4 Complete Kit #8952
    Build Thread
    Bodywork Thread
    3 Link Rear Suspension, Gordon Levy 347 SBF with T5
    First start Feb 20, 2017, First Go Kart March 5, 2017, Registered & Title April 25, 2017

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Doug View Post
    ...You would be wise to heed his advice even if you are not doing the paint.
    And even wiser to heed his advice if you are

Jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    Some discussion re Kandy paint on the FFCars forum. If done correctly they do look pretty nice.

http://www.ffcars.com/forums/17-fact...t-cobra-2.html