Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Coyote Cooling System - Return Line Help

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

Coyote Cooling System - Return Line Help

I'm trying to figure out something that I think is fairly straightforward, but want to double check my understanding before moving forward. I'm also looking for a suggestion on the best way to do this. Please see my attached pictures which should make this easy to understand.

I've got an outlet on the engine that I believe needs to be connected to the coolant overflow tank (Part labelled "A" in my pictures). From the factory the crate came with an aluminum tube (A) that I currently have plugged. I believe that what I need to do is run a line from this (A) over to the coolant overflow tank (B). My plan is just to "T" into the existing line that is attached to the upper outlet on the radiator (Drivers Side).

QUESTION 1: Is this assumption about the connection between (A) and (B) correct?

QUESTION 2: I believe I will need to remove the current port/tube (A) and find something that has a 90 degree so that I can get a hose on this and still get the Coyote 5.0 Engine cover back on. Am I correct in this assumption, or how have others done it? If I do need another part, can someone tell me what that part is (Part #), or at least provide thread size and pictures? (UPDATE: I think I can just use a standard heater hose without a need for replacing the existing outlet with a 90 degree. The hose will have a good bend to it, but not so severe that it will kink, at least I don't think so. Any thoughts on this?)

QUESTION 3: When I "T" into the (B) hose, I'd read that I need a check valve in the hose that runs from (A) to (B). Is that correct? Again, a part # would be helpful.

Finally, if anyone has any pictures of how you've accomplished the above, I'd sure appreciate seeing them.

Thanks so much. (The body is almost finished at the shop, and I'll be doing final assembly within a week, so anxious to get this last (hopefully last) issue resolved!

Cooling 1.png

Cooling 2.png

Cooling 3.png
    Last edited by Slider; 05-10-2013 at 10:06 AM. Reason: slight reword and update on Question 2
    BUILT WITH MY DAD! - MK4, 5.0 Coyote, TK0 600 with Mid-Shift, Hydraulic Clutch, Power Steering, Custom Built Stainless 4:1:4 Headers by "Stainless Headers", Dual-Rollbars, 15" Wheels, Foot Box Vents and Seat Heaters, Patriot Blue with Wimbledon White Stripes Kit arrived: June 2, 2012 - Driving: May 22, 2013
    BUILDING WITH MY DAD! - Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe, Gen3 Coyote, TKO 600, IRS, Hydraulic Clutch, PS, Stainless headers, 17" wheels, Race Seats, GPS Gauges Ordered 1-30-2019